psy-cho-sis (sI-'kO-s&s)

A severe running and mental disorder, characterized by derangement of personality and loss of contact with reality causing negativesplits.

Name:
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower is no problem." "I already know how to run slow. I want to know how to run fast" - Emil Zatopek

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

May Day

This past weekend was one of my worst weekends coz I did not fully utilise the holiday to do my runs. I did an easy 3km on saturday morning @ 10am. The sun was already up and beating on my back. Legs felt sore, so I took a break. Later that nite, I attended a friend's wedding dinner. Most of the people there could note recognise me coz I've lost so much weight. They were asking for my formula. I told them to take drugs and they'll soon be like me.

Sunday was another lazy day and I had to catch up on some well deserved sleep from saturday nite's wedding dinner. Woke up @ 5 and headed out to the hills. The weather was HOT & HUMID! I could only do a few repeats before I was totally flustered. There goes another day without running but I still manage to clock some decent mileage for the week.

I visited my friend on Monday. He married a Johorean and now resides there. They have a kid but the only drawback is, both husband and wife smokes. SIGH! We left the kid in the house and went out for teh tarik. Both of them happily smoked coz they can't do that when the kid is around. They take turns smoking when they are back in JB. I don't understand how people can live with that. I think it's all in the head.

During the wedding dinner, I met with a friend which I have not seen for years and I told him I quit. He was surprise coz he too tried quitting but did not manage to. I told him to go 'cold turkey' which he said he did but gave in after a few days. I guess these people do not want it badly enough to give up. "It's all up in the head. Your mind is weak" those were coach's words to me and I think that really proves a point that what the mind perceives, you can achieve.

1 Comments:

Blogger pm19 said...

Fully understand.It's a sad situation.I think that sometimes these people need to experience something pretty traumatic to convince them to quit smoking.Otherwise they will think they are invincible, and that nothing can happen to them.By traumatic I mean something that is life threatening, something that will force you to take stock of your life and come to the painful realisation that you are NOT as invincible as you think, and that life is precious and extremely fragile.My uncle for instance smoked for many years before a heart attack forced him to quit cold turkey.Much to my annoyance and chargrin,there are some family members of mine who continue smoking.But I can't get through to them.

8:58 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home