Pulled Over By Cops
I was on the way to Kg Pandan track and the jam was bad as usual. I was on Jalan Raja Chulan heading towards Tun Razak. The traffic light here is xtremely fast and the jam seems to be getting worst by the minute as cars piled up. I decided to cut to the right lane and make a U turn on a double line. I wanted to use the Pasar Rakyat way which cuts thru the jam. Without thinking twice I turned when there were no on coming cars and headed towards my destination.
As I took the lft to Pasar Rakyat, I saw blue light flashing behind me. SHIT! Not a right time to get stopped by the cops coz I'm already running late. The cops passed me and told me to pull over. As I pulled over, a young chap came out. He looks no older than 25 years age (he looked like one of those guys from a Malaysian boy bands). A second guy stepped out after him. He came over and I unwind my window. He told me I broke the law by making an illegal U turn and asked me where I was heading to and said some other crap. I told him I was heading towards Kg Pandan and the traffic lights had no cops handling it and the jam was horrendous. He asked for my driver's license and ID. He took it, jotted it down and the other cop was just standing and watching.
This young chap then walk to the back of the car while I sat there tapping and anxiously waiting for him to hand me my ticket. He came back, handed me my ID and license and told me not to do it again. Hallelujah! No ticket! I was let go with a warning. I was so relieved that I just drove off. I was just containing my happiness. It's like striking lottery and I bet if it was older cop, he would given me a ticket or would have waited for me to 'settle'.
Y'day's speedwork was good coz coach was not around. The guys were heading south for the OSIM Trialthlon. There were only a handful of us. We were to do easy for the day and the menu was:
1 x 4km = 20:10
1 x 2.4km = 11:50
4 x 400m = 1:53, 1:45, 1:33, 1:27.
2 x 400 = warm down
I manage to stick to my 5min pace and since there only a few of us, I stuck to Ah Sui as my pacer. This guy is close to his 50's and he is a triathlete. He too, gave up smoking coz of his children's constant nagging and took up running to stay healthy. That's 7 years ago. Whenever I can, I will stick to this guy as my pacer coz he has a strong finish and he did 48 min for the SJ10k. Now that's what I call fast for a guy way past his prime. I think I shall ask him if he's doing Klang 10k so I can stick to him like a leech.
As I took the lft to Pasar Rakyat, I saw blue light flashing behind me. SHIT! Not a right time to get stopped by the cops coz I'm already running late. The cops passed me and told me to pull over. As I pulled over, a young chap came out. He looks no older than 25 years age (he looked like one of those guys from a Malaysian boy bands). A second guy stepped out after him. He came over and I unwind my window. He told me I broke the law by making an illegal U turn and asked me where I was heading to and said some other crap. I told him I was heading towards Kg Pandan and the traffic lights had no cops handling it and the jam was horrendous. He asked for my driver's license and ID. He took it, jotted it down and the other cop was just standing and watching.
This young chap then walk to the back of the car while I sat there tapping and anxiously waiting for him to hand me my ticket. He came back, handed me my ID and license and told me not to do it again. Hallelujah! No ticket! I was let go with a warning. I was so relieved that I just drove off. I was just containing my happiness. It's like striking lottery and I bet if it was older cop, he would given me a ticket or would have waited for me to 'settle'.
Y'day's speedwork was good coz coach was not around. The guys were heading south for the OSIM Trialthlon. There were only a handful of us. We were to do easy for the day and the menu was:
1 x 4km = 20:10
1 x 2.4km = 11:50
4 x 400m = 1:53, 1:45, 1:33, 1:27.
2 x 400 = warm down
I manage to stick to my 5min pace and since there only a few of us, I stuck to Ah Sui as my pacer. This guy is close to his 50's and he is a triathlete. He too, gave up smoking coz of his children's constant nagging and took up running to stay healthy. That's 7 years ago. Whenever I can, I will stick to this guy as my pacer coz he has a strong finish and he did 48 min for the SJ10k. Now that's what I call fast for a guy way past his prime. I think I shall ask him if he's doing Klang 10k so I can stick to him like a leech.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home