psy-cho-sis (sI-'kO-s&s)

A severe running and mental disorder, characterized by derangement of personality and loss of contact with reality causing negativesplits.

Name:
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower is no problem." "I already know how to run slow. I want to know how to run fast" - Emil Zatopek

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

KLCC 8 Lapper

Today is the 1st day I'm running after completing Sunday's NB 15k. I wanted to attend track work y'day so badly but it was pouring. Apparently coach was there and he made everyone run in the rain. Those were words from Ronnie coz he was there.

It rained today but after much waiting and anticipation, it stopped @ 7.05 pm and I decided to run coz I was feeling restless the whole day. As I approached the car park, I saw Ronnie changing @ the bike area. I went to the gazebo and we stretched a bit. Ronnie said Justin was running and he decided to join him. Justin said he was doing 6:40 lap and I said that was too fast. I nevertheless started way behind them.

The first lap was good because I knew I was going pretty fast and my body felt great. I continued on the same pace not knowing that my pace was increasing as the laps progressed. I eventually caught up with Justin and Ronnie @ the 5th lap and overtook them. Ronnie was passing remarks as I passed but I manage to shut it out and continued to push.

I was contemplating whether to push hard or save some energy for track work tomorrow. I opted for the latter and maintained my pace. A quarter of the way thru my last lap, Ronnie caught up with me and I told him to overtake me so I could use him as a pacer. He eventually did overtake me at the hill and I used him as a pacer. He was shouting words of encouragement and counting down the distance for me. Towards the last 50m I overtook Ronnie and surged forward. I manage to better my previous 8 lapper time by more than 3 mins.

This to me is an achievement and I have to thank Ronnie for being my pacer. I could have done better if he overtook me earlier but I'm okie with the final result. I think track session have really improved my running economy and speed. Thanx to Coach Chan for pushing us to the limit @ the track. All words of praise goes to him.

Time splits :
Lap 1 - 7:21.70
Lap 2 - 7:08.96
Lap 3 - 7:04.75
Lap 4 - 6:59.81
Lap 5 - 6:54.65
Lap 6 - 6:54.36
Lap 7 - 6:43.35
Lap 8 - 6:20.21 = 55:27.79

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home