psy-cho-sis (sI-'kO-s&s)

A severe running and mental disorder, characterized by derangement of personality and loss of contact with reality causing negativesplits.

Name:
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower is no problem." "I already know how to run slow. I want to know how to run fast" - Emil Zatopek

Sunday, February 19, 2006

A Great running weekend

This weekend must have been one of the best. I managed to hook up with runner from Klang and also join the Sunday Hartamas run.

It was Friday when I popped the question in Ronnie's shoutbox. I asked Dinesh if he wanted to do the Klang loop. He obliged and later in the evening, Martin (LnrRnr), said he wanted to join us. That's just great. We met met up on Saturday morning and although I was late, we manage to run through the back roads of South Klang. After the run, Dinesh asked me if I wanted to join him in Hartamas the next morning coz he wants to do 30k. This would be his last run before tapering for KLIM. I was contemplating becoz I do my long runs on Sunday evenings. Martin said he wanted to go because he too was preparing for KLIM. I finally gave in and the decision was non-regretable.

Dinesh picked me up @ 5:10 am and we shot down straight to Bukit Aman. The car park was already a buzz with runners. While putting on my shoes, Jessica and her dad arrived. Now this is one person which I have not seen for a while. She told her dad that she wanted to run with us guys instead of her dad.

We started off well but I hit a snag coz my feet were still stiff and not properly warmed up. I stopped and stretch and then continued. Jessica and me ran ahead while Dinesh and Martin were going slow. We were arrived @ Petronas in 1:05 and bought our drinks and did some light stretching. We continued with our journey back to Bukit Aman at a steady pace. By then, there were many other runners who were heading towards Hartamas.

I did not manage to time our run but we manage to arrive back in Bukit Aman in sub hour. I was wasted when I arrived at the car park. Dinesh and Martin looked fresh coz Dinesh's left foot was giving him problems again and they only manage to run 5kms. The the carpark was like a bazaar and every corner is a runner. This is the typical scene prior to KLIM. Lovely, absolutely lovely.

1 Comments:

Blogger Newton said...

lucky bugger
ask jessica to run at klcc lah

2:40 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home