GE Pacesetters 30km report
If you are wondering how come I'm taking so damn long to put this up, well, shit happens. CNY is round the corner and yet I'm bogged down with so much work. I will take CNY as a time to chill at home and do nothing! I will catch up on all my movies. I've downloaded @ least 15 movies and have no time to watch them. This sucks!
Let's get back to the real reason for this entry i.e. GE Pacesetters 30km report. Its more of 20km coz I ran the 20k. I was not prepared to run the 20k coz the furthest I've ran since Singapore was 13km. This will be a mountain to climb and it sure was coz the hills were a killer.
I took this run as a weekend long run and even dressed like what I do during the weekends. NO racing gear. I arrived at the park just in time..........(rancangan tergendala)FAKKKKKK!
cont. 27/1/06
to hear the gun go off for the 30km runners. As I walked towards the park, I saw Azwar running towards the park without a bib. Apparently, he is a 'pelumba haram'. I hung around the starting line chatting with BoSe and Mrs. PM1. I was also looking for my pacer, Martin aka Lonerunner. I eventually found him just before the gun went off. He too has not been clocking the mileage and is planning to go slow.
We started off slow and slow was the menu for the day. The Kenny Hills and Hartamas Hills are killers. Lucky I did not push myself coz I was enjoying the run. I manage to see so many PM's after making the U turn at the petrol kiosk. Most of the were making remarks about me 'stealing chicken' and doing the 20km instead of 30km. I must say that the run was VERY well organised and PACM is really getting better in every passing race. KUDOS!
After heading back to Kenny Hills, I stepped up and floored the pedal. I left Martin behind but he eventually caught up with me. We then 'struggled' to finish the run. When we arrived at Jalan Parlimen, we walked a few times but pushed once we entered the park. I manage to clock 2:07.54 which was nothing to shout about but it was the socialising with my runner friend which I was looking forward to. It was great to lepak with all the PM's after I switched jobs. As usual, we had the 'tok kok' and photo taking sessions. I'm really looking forward to the next race organised by PACM and also the fellowshipping after the race.
================================================================
Asics GT 2100 Review
This review is way overdue. But I haven't been running much in this pair of shoes. I think I've only clocked around 50kms in them which I think is sufficient to write this review. Heck, I could have written this review da moment I put them on but it's better to be safe than sorry for writing a bias review.
The shoe got itself a new face-lift and and some new enhancements. The sizing did not change much but it's a bit more spacier @ the toe box compared to my previous GT2090. The highest praise for the shoe has to go to the ride. I felt like the shoe was made for me the moment I popped them on. The fit was snug and the cushioning was heavenly. Since incoporating a gel pad at the mid sole, it has greatly enhanced the overall ride. It's even more comfortable than my 2090 which I have decommissioned only for training.
The cushioning is much better than my Kayano 9 (which is stiffer and toe box narrower). I can't wait to throw in more miles into this pair of shoes. I now wear them to work (on certain days) and rotate them with my other pair of running shoes.
I'm looking forward to acquiring the Pegasusu 2005 as a replacement for my NB766 and the Precision 6 for races. The GT 2110 is already out in the US and incoporates the Space Trusstic system only found in the Kayanos. In other words, the GT will be the 'poor man's' Kayano. I can't wait to get my hands on them. :)~~~~~~~~~~ DROOL!
=================================================================
I wanna take the opportunity to wish all my fellow Chinese runners a HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR. GONG XI FA CHAI!!!!! Please enjoy your holidays and please take time off to run. Run off all the bad luck and rich food that's going into the mouth. Cut down on the alcohol (which will be a miracle for me) but I will try my level best. HEHE!
I will be doing nothing or maybe go on a short holiday to PD. I think I will do my run there as well. WOOHOO! WIN LOTSA MONEY but make sure you stick to the 2 mahjong tables per house. LIKE REAL!
Let's get back to the real reason for this entry i.e. GE Pacesetters 30km report. Its more of 20km coz I ran the 20k. I was not prepared to run the 20k coz the furthest I've ran since Singapore was 13km. This will be a mountain to climb and it sure was coz the hills were a killer.
I took this run as a weekend long run and even dressed like what I do during the weekends. NO racing gear. I arrived at the park just in time..........(rancangan tergendala)FAKKKKKK!
cont. 27/1/06
to hear the gun go off for the 30km runners. As I walked towards the park, I saw Azwar running towards the park without a bib. Apparently, he is a 'pelumba haram'. I hung around the starting line chatting with BoSe and Mrs. PM1. I was also looking for my pacer, Martin aka Lonerunner. I eventually found him just before the gun went off. He too has not been clocking the mileage and is planning to go slow.
We started off slow and slow was the menu for the day. The Kenny Hills and Hartamas Hills are killers. Lucky I did not push myself coz I was enjoying the run. I manage to see so many PM's after making the U turn at the petrol kiosk. Most of the were making remarks about me 'stealing chicken' and doing the 20km instead of 30km. I must say that the run was VERY well organised and PACM is really getting better in every passing race. KUDOS!
After heading back to Kenny Hills, I stepped up and floored the pedal. I left Martin behind but he eventually caught up with me. We then 'struggled' to finish the run. When we arrived at Jalan Parlimen, we walked a few times but pushed once we entered the park. I manage to clock 2:07.54 which was nothing to shout about but it was the socialising with my runner friend which I was looking forward to. It was great to lepak with all the PM's after I switched jobs. As usual, we had the 'tok kok' and photo taking sessions. I'm really looking forward to the next race organised by PACM and also the fellowshipping after the race.
================================================================
Asics GT 2100 Review
This review is way overdue. But I haven't been running much in this pair of shoes. I think I've only clocked around 50kms in them which I think is sufficient to write this review. Heck, I could have written this review da moment I put them on but it's better to be safe than sorry for writing a bias review.
The shoe got itself a new face-lift and and some new enhancements. The sizing did not change much but it's a bit more spacier @ the toe box compared to my previous GT2090. The highest praise for the shoe has to go to the ride. I felt like the shoe was made for me the moment I popped them on. The fit was snug and the cushioning was heavenly. Since incoporating a gel pad at the mid sole, it has greatly enhanced the overall ride. It's even more comfortable than my 2090 which I have decommissioned only for training.
The cushioning is much better than my Kayano 9 (which is stiffer and toe box narrower). I can't wait to throw in more miles into this pair of shoes. I now wear them to work (on certain days) and rotate them with my other pair of running shoes.
I'm looking forward to acquiring the Pegasusu 2005 as a replacement for my NB766 and the Precision 6 for races. The GT 2110 is already out in the US and incoporates the Space Trusstic system only found in the Kayanos. In other words, the GT will be the 'poor man's' Kayano. I can't wait to get my hands on them. :)~~~~~~~~~~ DROOL!
=================================================================
I wanna take the opportunity to wish all my fellow Chinese runners a HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR. GONG XI FA CHAI!!!!! Please enjoy your holidays and please take time off to run. Run off all the bad luck and rich food that's going into the mouth. Cut down on the alcohol (which will be a miracle for me) but I will try my level best. HEHE!
I will be doing nothing or maybe go on a short holiday to PD. I think I will do my run there as well. WOOHOO! WIN LOTSA MONEY but make sure you stick to the 2 mahjong tables per house. LIKE REAL!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home