psy-cho-sis (sI-'kO-s&s)

A severe running and mental disorder, characterized by derangement of personality and loss of contact with reality causing negativesplits.

Name:
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower is no problem." "I already know how to run slow. I want to know how to run fast" - Emil Zatopek

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

A New Beginning

This blog has seen its fair share of cobwebs after a long silence. I've really not had the time to blog with all the work coz my boss was on maternity leave for 2 months. Well, I had and still have my fair share of running but that is also done in moderation. I took part in the Mizuno Wave Run this year for the fun of it and manage to clock a sub hr run but it was way off my best time which I clocked last year. Jamie was on fire and blazed the route. I think our weekly Saturday runs paid off for him and me. I have to put running aside for now coz I will not have the time. The reason being I'M ALREADY A FATHER!!

This must be one of the most exciting times in my life. I never expected my wife to give birth so early and my kid was born a month pre-term. This really came as a surprise coz I'm still reeling from the blow in my face. I feel excited and shocked at the same time coz this came all of a sudden.

My wife's "water bag" burst @ 3am the day before i.e. 9th Oct. I thought it was her imagination coz she had one of this incident a week before and when she consulted the gynae and found out that it was something else. Well, I thought it was all happening again but this time she said it was for real coz she was getting periodical contractions. Could this be real? She was way beyond her due date in November. I was still in la la land when she called the hospital and the nurse asked her to come in for a check up.

I hesitantly woke up and washed up. I looked at the clock and it was 4am in the morning. I was blurry eyed coz I only had 4 hours of sleep (we were watching TV series which I downloaded from the Net). As I drove her to the hospital, her contractions were getting stronger every 5 mins. For a moment I felt fear engulfing me. SHIT! We are not prepared to do this now. You are not due. This cannot be happening.

She checked-in the moment we arrived at the hospital and the nurses strapped her tummy with a monitor of some sort. The monitor was beside the bed and it was tracking the baby's heart rate and contraction. The nurses immediately called our gynae and she arrived 15 mins later. Dr. Yap, our gynae, was ready to come to the hospital coz she had a call just before ours and when she saw the reading on the machine, she said "you have to deliver today coz your contractions are very strong. You are already in labor". Reality hit us and we are hours away from being parents. I looked at the my watch and it was 5.30 am. I told my wife that I was going back to pack her stuff and come back later. I left the hospital @ 6am and headed home. It was all dark as I headed home alone pondering on the stuff which we have yet to do.

To be continued.....(I have visitors)

2 Comments:

Blogger Jamie Pang said...

Cinya congrats to the both of you! Your kiddo pia until want to come out early ah?! Haha! Most importantly Mom and kid are safe. Life from now on will be VERY different. You're warned!

A side "benefit" is that you'll enjoy your running (when you have the time of course) so much more coz there won't be much opportunities to do it. Also, contimue to keep the comm lines open with your wife. Having another fella in the family, like it or not, takes some adjustment. You'll get by, don't worry - we're never that prepared for anything 100%! Good luck!

10:44 pm  
Blogger Keipo said...

Cinya happy for you KNN woh... !!

8:39 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home