psy-cho-sis (sI-'kO-s&s)

A severe running and mental disorder, characterized by derangement of personality and loss of contact with reality causing negativesplits.

Name:
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower is no problem." "I already know how to run slow. I want to know how to run fast" - Emil Zatopek

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

NB Pacesetters 15k

This race is not a "kickstart" to my other races but more of a kick-in-da-butt to get me running again. I've not been running much since KLIM coz of work and my endurance has taken a real beating. I struggled to finish this race and was feeling under the weather the whole week. A runny nose and body aches kept me out of action most of the week. I forced myself to get out of bed early on Saturday morning just to warm up those leg muscles.

I stayed up to watch the FA Cup final and Man Utd had to concede the title to Chelsea with a late winner. What a total waste of time as both teams played too cautiously. I hit the sack at 1am and woke up at 5.15. I knew that this race was gonna be just another long run for me and I donned my usual running attire. The only difference was my new pair of Mizuno Precision 7s which I got a month and a half ago. I haven't put the shoes through its paces but wanted to see how it feels on its maiden race (read review below).

I told myself to pace carefully because this route is pretty tough. I was doing way "too fine" at first coz my timing was faster than my normal long run's. I slowed down after exiting Bukit Tunku and tried to conserve my energy for the second onslaught of the dreaded hills. The second round of the hills really tested my endurance and I struggled to run up and had to take a few walk breaks. This was not me at all coz I remember I blazed this route last year. Well, you pay the price for the lack of training.

Lawrence, my colleague, eventually caught up with me and we ran together for a while until he overtook me. I picked up the pace at the palace and tried to finish the race strong. I was so glad to see the finishing arch but this kiasu 'bayee' had to spoil my "nice" photo finish. He had to charge right from behind and overtake me right at the finshing line. WTF! Now I have to share the same picture with some *&^%$#@#$%^. This is such a turn off. This guy will be my target in the next race and I'm gonna make sure I smoke his a$$. YOU ARE FINISHED!

It was great to see so many of my fellow running mates after a long break. I know some of you couldn't make it because of training commitments but this race is a must for me every year. I also met up with my other colleague who is a part timer. I didn't know he was a serious runner although I saw a copy of runners world on his table once. I thought he main-main only. Great to find another colleague that share the same passion.

==================================================================
Mizuno Precision 7 review

This model is the update to the precision 6 that was released in 2005. I have a pair of Precision 6 and they are one of the most comfortable light weight trainers. There were so many positive reviews and it even got the stamped of Editor's choice on Runners world. I wondered how Mizuno was gonna top that which their revision.

The Precision 6 is part of daily attire and they are still going strong. The only thing lacking was the support for the arch area but I guess that is all up to the preferences of the user. The Precision 7 has a totally new wave plate and the arch support is much firmer and this give it a more comfortable ride. The toe box is a little wider and those with wide forefoot will welcome this latest edition. The shoes are really light coming in at a mere 9.9 oz which is even lighter than my Precision 6 and to me, it's great for races shorter than 21k. I can't call this a racing flat but it comes close for those who require the additional support.

The AIRMesh provides the utmost in breathability and comfort of the upper. Mizuno has made the holes larger and this cools the foot during those hot evening runs. Although this shoe did not get any Editor's choice, I would really recommend them to those who are looking for a "racing flat" with support. The shoes are really comfortable, low profiled and flexible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home