Tired weekend
I did the 20k Hartamas route with Jessica on Saturday and was glad I came back in 1 piece. I had to attend a presentation on Friday and got stood up for 4 hours coz some big shot had to do a "detour". We had to do a recap and short meeting back in the office which dragged on till 9.30 pm. By the time I got home and had dinner, it was already 11 pm. I tried to sleep but the preso kept playing over and over in my head and I manage to sleep after 1am coz I was still conscious paying attention at my hourly beep.
My sleep was not that good either coz I had dreams of the applications we proposed. I got too into work to sleep. I got woken up by my phone coz Jess returned my call @ 5am. I kept thinking my phone was broken coz I was in a groggy state and kept thinking how come my alarm did not go off at the set time. I then realised that it was a call (the ringtone is different from my alarm tone) and it took me a whole 20 secs and I quickly put the phone to my ear. I forced myself up and washed up.
Jess looked fresh coz she slept early and the hartamas run was her 2nd run of the week. Lotsa energy left in her and she sped off towards the end of the run. She was quite chirpy and we were talking and laughing most of the time. That really helped a lot coz I needed something else to keep me focused. She too is doing the 21k for KLIM and I think she is gonna blaze the race. Watch out for this chick!
I was so tired after the run and when I arrived in my parent's place in Klang, I just hit the sofa and slept like a log. I only woke up for lunch and went back to take a "nap". I got up @ 5pm and decided to head to the reservoir for a stroll in the trails. My legs felt OK but I got drenched by the sudden downpour which lasted only 15 mins. I only managed walking 1 loop and had to head home.
I was glad I did not sign up for the tunnel run unlike most of my other running mates. You can read them here. Jamie, Azwar, Ronnie, Choi & Rohaizad's blog. It was not a well organised race and after reading how hot it was in the tunnel, I guess I would have melted in the tunnel. Knowing that I sweat a lot and that kinda humidity would have wrecked my run. Well, I'm looking forward to this weekend's race and enjoying the fellowship of my runner friends. Good luck and may the pia spirit be with you.
My sleep was not that good either coz I had dreams of the applications we proposed. I got too into work to sleep. I got woken up by my phone coz Jess returned my call @ 5am. I kept thinking my phone was broken coz I was in a groggy state and kept thinking how come my alarm did not go off at the set time. I then realised that it was a call (the ringtone is different from my alarm tone) and it took me a whole 20 secs and I quickly put the phone to my ear. I forced myself up and washed up.
Jess looked fresh coz she slept early and the hartamas run was her 2nd run of the week. Lotsa energy left in her and she sped off towards the end of the run. She was quite chirpy and we were talking and laughing most of the time. That really helped a lot coz I needed something else to keep me focused. She too is doing the 21k for KLIM and I think she is gonna blaze the race. Watch out for this chick!
I was so tired after the run and when I arrived in my parent's place in Klang, I just hit the sofa and slept like a log. I only woke up for lunch and went back to take a "nap". I got up @ 5pm and decided to head to the reservoir for a stroll in the trails. My legs felt OK but I got drenched by the sudden downpour which lasted only 15 mins. I only managed walking 1 loop and had to head home.
I was glad I did not sign up for the tunnel run unlike most of my other running mates. You can read them here. Jamie, Azwar, Ronnie, Choi & Rohaizad's blog. It was not a well organised race and after reading how hot it was in the tunnel, I guess I would have melted in the tunnel. Knowing that I sweat a lot and that kinda humidity would have wrecked my run. Well, I'm looking forward to this weekend's race and enjoying the fellowship of my runner friends. Good luck and may the pia spirit be with you.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home