Mayday! mayday!
It must have had one of the worst running days last Sunday. I psyched myself to do a 10 miler but ended up doing 7 coz I crashed big time. I started my run @ 5.30pm and the sun was not that hot but I was not prepared for the humidity. I started off pretty well and at a good pace and I thought I could maintain the pace the whole run but I was totally wrong.
I felt the heat taking its toll after the 3rd mile coz that's I was already drenched. I left my trusted water bottle at the same location and stopped for a drink after the 5th mile. By then I could my body totally sapped of energy because of the heat. I pushed myself to complete the other 2 miles and called it a day. I was positive splitting each mile and my body had given up sweating coz there was nothing left in me. I felt so thirsty that I gulped down whatever was left in my water bottle.
I've never felt so drained before coz most of the time I have reserves. I guess the heat took everything from me and left me with nothing. I went home and finised a whole bottle (1.5 litres) of recovery drink and that too was not enough. I would need to start a bit later the next time coz the weather is rather unforgiving.
============================================================
GT 2110 - Full review
I finally manage to put my shoes through some thorough its pace last week. All I can say is that these shoes ROCK! BUT before you go out and grab a pair, I would advise you to look for a pair of GT2090 if there are still any out there. WHY? Although the GT2110 has more bells and whistle compared to a GT2090, I still find the latter's ride a bit softer than the GT 2100 and GT 2110.
The upper comes in the mesh like material which makes the shoe lighter and cooling. Another thing about the shoe is that the forefoot is a bit wider coz my toes do not blister and this is great. I'm a natural runner and I find the transition superb. In my initial review, I said the space trusstic system was great and for those of you with pronation problems, you should consider getting this shoe as it has lots to offer. I find the AHAR (Asics high abrasion rubber) lasts longer on the GT2100 and GT2110. As Ronnie would put it, "the rubber is very tahan lasak".
I'm giving this shoe 4.5 out of 5 and if they only made it as soft as the GT2090, I would have grabbed 2 pairs. I'm waiting for the review on the GT2120 and would like to know more how the Solyte rubber compares to the current SpEVA.
I felt the heat taking its toll after the 3rd mile coz that's I was already drenched. I left my trusted water bottle at the same location and stopped for a drink after the 5th mile. By then I could my body totally sapped of energy because of the heat. I pushed myself to complete the other 2 miles and called it a day. I was positive splitting each mile and my body had given up sweating coz there was nothing left in me. I felt so thirsty that I gulped down whatever was left in my water bottle.
I've never felt so drained before coz most of the time I have reserves. I guess the heat took everything from me and left me with nothing. I went home and finised a whole bottle (1.5 litres) of recovery drink and that too was not enough. I would need to start a bit later the next time coz the weather is rather unforgiving.
============================================================
GT 2110 - Full review
I finally manage to put my shoes through some thorough its pace last week. All I can say is that these shoes ROCK! BUT before you go out and grab a pair, I would advise you to look for a pair of GT2090 if there are still any out there. WHY? Although the GT2110 has more bells and whistle compared to a GT2090, I still find the latter's ride a bit softer than the GT 2100 and GT 2110.
The upper comes in the mesh like material which makes the shoe lighter and cooling. Another thing about the shoe is that the forefoot is a bit wider coz my toes do not blister and this is great. I'm a natural runner and I find the transition superb. In my initial review, I said the space trusstic system was great and for those of you with pronation problems, you should consider getting this shoe as it has lots to offer. I find the AHAR (Asics high abrasion rubber) lasts longer on the GT2100 and GT2110. As Ronnie would put it, "the rubber is very tahan lasak".
I'm giving this shoe 4.5 out of 5 and if they only made it as soft as the GT2090, I would have grabbed 2 pairs. I'm waiting for the review on the GT2120 and would like to know more how the Solyte rubber compares to the current SpEVA.

2 Comments:
Yup, you are correct. The GT-2090 has a much softer cushion compared to GT-2100 and GT-2110 (I am using both pairs). I can say GT-2110 is firmer than GT-2100. GT-2090 remains my favourite among the GT-2xxx series.
SoLyte is a co-polymer. Reputedly 30% lighter than SPEVA. SoLyte also has better responsiveness which explains all Solyte models are firmer than the SPEVA ones. I for one are looking for 2090 or the 2100. The 2090 has a bit of arch problem but not the 2100. I'm crossing my fingers that the PG running shop has stocks on clearance.
Post a Comment
<< Home