NB Pacesetters 15k Run
Truthfully, I was not prepared for this run at all. My work has taken a toll on my running these past few weeks and I barely had time to run. I was suprised by the turn up this morning. There were so many people and I had no time to look for my running buddies. I met Jamie, Dinesh, Randy, Newton, Lawrence and Jessica. The rest of them were missing in action or really perked up for the big day.
This year's route was a KILLER! 2 loops around the 'tani hill' (as described by Lawrence). My first 10km was killing me and I had to dig deep to find my second wind. I was 'pushed' by Tey coz he wanted to take pictures of me and he was yelling "KANINE" along the route. I was following Ah Sui (trackmate from Kg. Pandan) and he too was feeling the strain of running up the hills. I think he is 'off form' coz this guy can really run. I trailed his back most of the way coz Jessica, who apparently did not train, has left me and the guy smelling her smoke.
I wanted to end the run so badly coz the thought of walking back to Padang Merbok really sucked. I just dug deep and ran back clocking a time of 1:25.01. In my humble opinion, it's darn good knowing that I did not train at all. Jamie came in 2 steps behind me. It was great to be able to meet up with so many of my running mates and catch up.
Overall, the race was well organised and I could see the runners really enjoying themselves. What else can you ask for? Good run with good food and good company. Even the medal looks good. They gave us an oval shaped medal stepping away for the circular ones. People were just mingling, chatting, laughing and most importantly, snapping pictures for memories.
This year's route was a KILLER! 2 loops around the 'tani hill' (as described by Lawrence). My first 10km was killing me and I had to dig deep to find my second wind. I was 'pushed' by Tey coz he wanted to take pictures of me and he was yelling "KANINE" along the route. I was following Ah Sui (trackmate from Kg. Pandan) and he too was feeling the strain of running up the hills. I think he is 'off form' coz this guy can really run. I trailed his back most of the way coz Jessica, who apparently did not train, has left me and the guy smelling her smoke.
I wanted to end the run so badly coz the thought of walking back to Padang Merbok really sucked. I just dug deep and ran back clocking a time of 1:25.01. In my humble opinion, it's darn good knowing that I did not train at all. Jamie came in 2 steps behind me. It was great to be able to meet up with so many of my running mates and catch up.
Overall, the race was well organised and I could see the runners really enjoying themselves. What else can you ask for? Good run with good food and good company. Even the medal looks good. They gave us an oval shaped medal stepping away for the circular ones. People were just mingling, chatting, laughing and most importantly, snapping pictures for memories.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home