A New Beginning - Part 2
Before I continue, I would like to thank Justin (PM19) for calling me all the way from the land down under Malaysia, hahaha...Singapore. I really appreciate the call man. Please send my regards to your wifey. When you planning to have a lil' rabbit?
Ah yes, I was still a bit blur when I arrived home. it was like a dream you wanna get out from. I quickly took a shower and packed some of her stuff and had a short prayer. I prayed for her to have a quick and safe delivery and also not forgetting the little guy that'll soon be a member of my family. MY FAMILY.
I took a light breakfast and read the papers to see what's the headlines and there was nothing much except for the fact that we are sending a good looking astronaut into space. Please do take note that I'm straight, heh. I headed off to the hospital much awake and planned what I needed to do while my wife and kid were in the hospital.
The morning traffic was beginning to build up and I manage to arrive in 20 mins (7.50am)or it would have too late. Why? As I stepped into the room, my wife was holding her mobile phone and she was about to call me. There were a few nurses in the room and I was thinking to myself, "what's going on? She's got a few more hours to go". My wife told me the baby's heart rate fell and my heart skipped a beat. I took a glance at the printed chart coming out of the wall mounted machine and it clearly shows that. Thank God our gynae was around and she did not want to take any risks. She wants an immediate C sect.
For a moment I was lost and again was taken by surpise. They gonna cut my wife open and remove the baby. They immediately wheeled her off and I was taken to parts of the hostpital which normal people can't access. Doors were only accessible via key cards and this was like a labyrinth of passages. I was brought to this small room and told to change into "hospital wear". I was then led to the operating theater with my pouch and wife's handbag in hand. As I entered the operating theater, the room was buzzing with nurses and 2 doctors who's already cut my wife open.
I quickly left my stuff on the floor and pulled out my camera. Things were moving so fast and I barely had the chance to catch a breahter. I saw the our gynae and another head doctor peering into my wife's tummy and they had some instruments in their hands. In a few moments, I heard my gynae saying "Oh no wonder". No wonder what???? In a swift move, she yanked out the baby and all next thing I heard was "congratulation, it's a boy". AHHH! what a relieve. Everything happened so fast that I did not manage to cut his umbilical cord. That would have really made my day.
My kid was out. Russell Noah Teh. I looked at my watch and the time was 8.33am. I quickly walked over to the other table and snapped a few pictures of him in all his slimy glory. He was wailing as any baby would while the nurses prodded him and did some tests on him. Once that was done, 1 of them carried the baby to my wife's side and we were overjoyed. I was a dad finally!
To be continued....my battery is running low. Pictures and videos next.
Ah yes, I was still a bit blur when I arrived home. it was like a dream you wanna get out from. I quickly took a shower and packed some of her stuff and had a short prayer. I prayed for her to have a quick and safe delivery and also not forgetting the little guy that'll soon be a member of my family. MY FAMILY.
I took a light breakfast and read the papers to see what's the headlines and there was nothing much except for the fact that we are sending a good looking astronaut into space. Please do take note that I'm straight, heh. I headed off to the hospital much awake and planned what I needed to do while my wife and kid were in the hospital.
The morning traffic was beginning to build up and I manage to arrive in 20 mins (7.50am)or it would have too late. Why? As I stepped into the room, my wife was holding her mobile phone and she was about to call me. There were a few nurses in the room and I was thinking to myself, "what's going on? She's got a few more hours to go". My wife told me the baby's heart rate fell and my heart skipped a beat. I took a glance at the printed chart coming out of the wall mounted machine and it clearly shows that. Thank God our gynae was around and she did not want to take any risks. She wants an immediate C sect.
For a moment I was lost and again was taken by surpise. They gonna cut my wife open and remove the baby. They immediately wheeled her off and I was taken to parts of the hostpital which normal people can't access. Doors were only accessible via key cards and this was like a labyrinth of passages. I was brought to this small room and told to change into "hospital wear". I was then led to the operating theater with my pouch and wife's handbag in hand. As I entered the operating theater, the room was buzzing with nurses and 2 doctors who's already cut my wife open.
I quickly left my stuff on the floor and pulled out my camera. Things were moving so fast and I barely had the chance to catch a breahter. I saw the our gynae and another head doctor peering into my wife's tummy and they had some instruments in their hands. In a few moments, I heard my gynae saying "Oh no wonder". No wonder what???? In a swift move, she yanked out the baby and all next thing I heard was "congratulation, it's a boy". AHHH! what a relieve. Everything happened so fast that I did not manage to cut his umbilical cord. That would have really made my day.
My kid was out. Russell Noah Teh. I looked at my watch and the time was 8.33am. I quickly walked over to the other table and snapped a few pictures of him in all his slimy glory. He was wailing as any baby would while the nurses prodded him and did some tests on him. Once that was done, 1 of them carried the baby to my wife's side and we were overjoyed. I was a dad finally!
To be continued....my battery is running low. Pictures and videos next.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home