psy-cho-sis (sI-'kO-s&s)

A severe running and mental disorder, characterized by derangement of personality and loss of contact with reality causing negativesplits.

Name:
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower is no problem." "I already know how to run slow. I want to know how to run fast" - Emil Zatopek

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Time for a change

Wow! my last post was in May and that's when I got my new shoes. To tell you the truth, the shoes are living up to expectations and they perform as they were made to be, superb. I can't fault Asics on this and no, they did not pay me to write this entry but I wish I was sponsored tho. That will remain a wish for a while. :)

My Plantar F*** is getting better but I still get the strain at the bottom of my foot. Although the pain is gone but you still get the irritating and nagging feeling that something is still there. That feeling is not gonna deter me from getting my running fix which I've been doing on a regular basis. I'm slowly crawling back up the "food chain" and I'm far from where I was before but I'm not gonna pressure myself coz I don't wanna get injured again. Moreover, I'm trying to cut down on the races coz I don't wanna get caught in the "kan cheong-ness" in the preparation. When I fee like it, I'll register and participate. I heard that next year's KLIM is gonna be sponsored by Standard Chartered and I do wish they play a part in organising it coz if this really happens, my name will definitely be on the list.

While being sidelined by plantar in the past months, my weekly mileage, if it can still be called mileage, is comparable to a joggers'. I'm not too perturbed by that coz I found another activity which helps me focus on strenghtening my core and also burn some calories. I was introduced to bodypump by a colleague who's a gym freak. This guy can go to the gym twice a day and attend back to back classes. I think he's finding an avenue for stress relieve in the gym coz he too works on the Celcom a/c and I think he wants to impress his girlfriend(s). He's bulked up a lot since he joined. That aside, I took his advise and joined him for 1 of the classes and man did it hurt after that (I even started off with light weights). I was sore for a few days and you should try it coz muscles you thought did not exist will hurt after the 1st class, if you do it right, of course. I am now smitten and I try to attend once a week depending on how I feel. If I feel good, I'll attend the one on Monday and Weds and both these classes will keep them muscles "happy and sore" for the rest of the week. The instructor for Weds are NOT forgiving at all and they'll make sure you get the best out of the class i.e. no rest between reps. Now that I'm slowly adding on mileage, I find that my legs are stronger and I have a better posture.

I bumped into Mei Jyn (I'm not sure if you know of this petite runner but you can check her blog out. She's not updated it for a while) in one of the classes and she recognised me. She too has come down with an ankle injury which required her to go for physio sessions. She can't run any longer than 20 mins which will make her ankle sore. Instead, she has taken up bodypump to supplement the lost workouts and she is damn power too coz can attend back to back classes. I think its a matter of getting use to the strenious workouts.

Let's put running and the aside and help me congratulate Justin (the hopper PM19) and Ronnie (Captain PM1) on being new fathers. Justin and Ronnie is proud daddy to a little girl and boy respectively. The PM team is growing and my kid has turned 1 more than a month ago. I know its getting very cliché-d but true to the phrase, time flies. My son has moved into the toddler stage and he does not have the baby face anymore (see it in the pictures below. We took a trip to Camerons during the Raya holz). He's beginning to learn at a tremendous pace and he can remember things even after you've shown it to him once. He is very alert and you just can't leave him alone coz he notices things which you don't expect him to pay attention to. There were many small incidences which happened when you thought it's safe but you turn around and he's already crying. Raising a kid is a FULL TIME JOB and speaking of that, I'm already in my third year in this agency and it's about time I made a move.

All good things come to an end as they say and I've already made up my mind to move on. It was a difficult decision to make but if I don't do it, I would end up in a rut. I'm not growing anymore in this place and I don't feel the enthusiasm and joys of handling the account anymore. Everything to me is like clockwork and I already know what to do whenever a brief comes in. I feel like I'm slowly slipping into the comfort zone and I know once I get into the zone, unlike the runners' high, I will start slipping into oblivion. Well, it was a wise choice and now I'm serving my notice till the day comes when I say goodbye to this place, that is in a few days time. 2 to be exact. I've already found a job which I hope will give me extra time to spend with my family and son. I really treasure personal time and I know working in an agency will not offer you this kinda luxury. Imagine coming in to work during weekends and holidays.

There were a few offers but I turned down the ones from the agencies but rather chose the client side instead. Its wasn't tough to turn them down coz I'm no spring chicken and once you get a telco as a client, you do not wanna service anyone after that. You can ask those who's serviced a telco client and the answers will not defer much. I have to thank God that I got a job in these trying times and hope to shine in this new place. I will not reveal where I'm going coz blogs have ears. All I can say is that it's a digital marketing position in a respected organisation. Rumours a rife in the office on where I'm going and I don't know why I'm beginning to feel like its turning into a witch hunt. WTF is wrong with me leaving? sheesh! If I'm going to join a competitor, you would have known the day I threw my letter. The best thing about me quitting my job is that I've not informed any of my family members about it except for my wife. When the time comes, I'll let them know and for those wanting to know, check back next month.



Dinner time at Ye Olde Smokehouse


Why so serious? Lunch at the Observation deck Sg Palas Boh Tea Plantation


Chillin' on the couch of our Strawberry Park apartment


Me in my hoody.


Mom's #1 fan!


Me and my hoody in my ride.

1 Comments:

Blogger pm19 said...

Time flies man. Russel's a little man now! See you soon. Back after 8th December.

11:33 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home