I need good rest
This year's CNY holz has not been a good break although my wife and me got to spend some valuable time with our son. It's been a very hectic run-around visiting CNY and it doesn't get any easy with a baby in hand. This is our first CNY with him and we are getting first hand experience. I did manage to throw in some running but not what it was not what I expected because of lack of rest. I've filled up the KLIM form and will go fun-run the half marathon event. Setting a PR is not in my agenda this year.
I think my wife and me have come a long way since the arrival of my 5.5 weeks premature born son. He is already 4 months old and a whopping 7kg (last weight end Feb when he went for his 2nd jab). He is really a handful coz he wants people to carry him and he is very alert. He is very attentive to the things around him and is alwayz looking around. My wife and I agreed that he's gonna be a very hyper kid when he gets older. On the downside, my kid has this bad habit of screaming when he cries and he has been blessed with a set of pipes just like mine. Some of you know how loud I can get.
Every night my wife and I will have to brave the nightly feeds that my son insist on having. Sometimes we have to do it twice in the nite and this really breaks the sleep-cruise-control. I've not been getting quality sleep after the confinement because of these nitely feeds. I know some babies sleep through the nite after the 2nd month and we have to bear with this until he breaks the habit. Both of us wake up looking like zombies everyday and I do try to take power naps during lunch break. I do this in order to be able to have some energy to run in the evenings. Sometimes I feel so lethargic and tired that I can barely finish 3km and this is putting a damper in my so-called training.
On the bright side, my son is very bubbly and very playful. Thank God he doesn't get much nitemares when he sleeps altho we once encountered him laughing during his sleep. We just bought the baby harness in order to carry him around the house. There is no way I can hold him for half an hour without my hands aching. I have my own personal gym in the house. No monthly fees. Just add milk.
I think my wife and me have come a long way since the arrival of my 5.5 weeks premature born son. He is already 4 months old and a whopping 7kg (last weight end Feb when he went for his 2nd jab). He is really a handful coz he wants people to carry him and he is very alert. He is very attentive to the things around him and is alwayz looking around. My wife and I agreed that he's gonna be a very hyper kid when he gets older. On the downside, my kid has this bad habit of screaming when he cries and he has been blessed with a set of pipes just like mine. Some of you know how loud I can get.
Every night my wife and I will have to brave the nightly feeds that my son insist on having. Sometimes we have to do it twice in the nite and this really breaks the sleep-cruise-control. I've not been getting quality sleep after the confinement because of these nitely feeds. I know some babies sleep through the nite after the 2nd month and we have to bear with this until he breaks the habit. Both of us wake up looking like zombies everyday and I do try to take power naps during lunch break. I do this in order to be able to have some energy to run in the evenings. Sometimes I feel so lethargic and tired that I can barely finish 3km and this is putting a damper in my so-called training.
On the bright side, my son is very bubbly and very playful. Thank God he doesn't get much nitemares when he sleeps altho we once encountered him laughing during his sleep. We just bought the baby harness in order to carry him around the house. There is no way I can hold him for half an hour without my hands aching. I have my own personal gym in the house. No monthly fees. Just add milk.

1 Comments:
wei, how long u want to rest?? updatelah der blog!
Post a Comment
<< Home