Oops, I did it again.
I did it! What did I do? I registered for THE EVENT OF THE YEAR! roll the drums please................The Singapore Marathon 2005. I signed up for the 21km this year and it's gonna be a BANG! to run in this event.
I ran in the 10km past year and PR (personal record for you dipsticks who do not know the abbreviation)-ed. This year I've up the ante and decided that I'll be doing the 21km instead. This is gonna be a personal challenge as I have set a goal which I think to some would be 'out of this world'. Well, I'll just stick to it coz for the next few month I'll be working my ass off in preparation for D-Day in Singapore.
If you are wondering when I'll be doing the Marathon, then you would have to take the wondering far far away coz for the next few years I'll be racing 10 and 21kms. To me, I think it would be the best solution coz I want a strong base before moving on to the M A R A T H O N! (Tey, you can save your breath and saliva into coaxing me to run the marathon. Go pick on some unsuspecting runner to do it. PSSST, why don't you get Jason to join you for the ultra and you can teach him how to run 85%.)
The thought of running in S'pore just excites me. I'll be going to bed tonite with sweet dreams. To make it easier, I think I'll count the meters in a marathon till I sleep.
========================================================================
Blissful Weather
The weather has been great the past few days. I know most of you will agree with me coz we, Malaysians, rarely get weather like this. Lotsa rain clouds minus the rain of course. The cool afternoon breeze decending upon you as you run. Aaaaaah! blissful running. You can just run and run in this weather. I was surpised that I did not sweat as much as I usually do coz the afternoons are much more cooling than before. I ran in KLCC on Saturday @ 4.00 p.m and the feeling was orgasmic. The sun was totally shaded by the clouds and revellers in the park must be thinking I'm nuts coz I was the only one running @ that time.
(For those non-runners reading this blog, I would like to appeal to you to please haul ass and get your heart pumping in this great weather. While it lasts lah. Instead of living a sedentary life and working your butt off in the office, please make some time for your bodies. Your arteries and veins needs an extra jolt of red blood cells to get going.) This is community service message.
I ran in the 10km past year and PR (personal record for you dipsticks who do not know the abbreviation)-ed. This year I've up the ante and decided that I'll be doing the 21km instead. This is gonna be a personal challenge as I have set a goal which I think to some would be 'out of this world'. Well, I'll just stick to it coz for the next few month I'll be working my ass off in preparation for D-Day in Singapore.
If you are wondering when I'll be doing the Marathon, then you would have to take the wondering far far away coz for the next few years I'll be racing 10 and 21kms. To me, I think it would be the best solution coz I want a strong base before moving on to the M A R A T H O N! (Tey, you can save your breath and saliva into coaxing me to run the marathon. Go pick on some unsuspecting runner to do it. PSSST, why don't you get Jason to join you for the ultra and you can teach him how to run 85%.)
The thought of running in S'pore just excites me. I'll be going to bed tonite with sweet dreams. To make it easier, I think I'll count the meters in a marathon till I sleep.
========================================================================
Blissful Weather
The weather has been great the past few days. I know most of you will agree with me coz we, Malaysians, rarely get weather like this. Lotsa rain clouds minus the rain of course. The cool afternoon breeze decending upon you as you run. Aaaaaah! blissful running. You can just run and run in this weather. I was surpised that I did not sweat as much as I usually do coz the afternoons are much more cooling than before. I ran in KLCC on Saturday @ 4.00 p.m and the feeling was orgasmic. The sun was totally shaded by the clouds and revellers in the park must be thinking I'm nuts coz I was the only one running @ that time.
(For those non-runners reading this blog, I would like to appeal to you to please haul ass and get your heart pumping in this great weather. While it lasts lah. Instead of living a sedentary life and working your butt off in the office, please make some time for your bodies. Your arteries and veins needs an extra jolt of red blood cells to get going.) This is community service message.


1 Comments:
Hi, Kenneth.. Good decision of joining half marathon. I'll be registering for half too, instead of the scary marathon. Hopefully next year I'll be ready for marathon.
Post a Comment
<< Home