Strained muscle
I've been having this strained muscle since Sunday. This muscle is located behind my left knee. I have yet to ascertain what muscle but it feels like its being tugged. I ran through Tuesday's speedwork with it. I was asking the guys and none of them seem to have a remedy. Justin just said to take it easy.
I did take it easy coz I did not run yesterday. I did some light running today just to see if the strain was still there. Lo and behold, it's still there. SHEEESH! I've gone through the injury list on Runner's World but they do not have it listed. Maybe it's just mild to be put up there as an injury. I hope this will not interfere with my race this coming Sunday. I shall take some rest and probably get it massaged. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
==========================================================================
As I was warming down, I met Meng (my so-called running partner who's been missing in action for weeks) stretching and getting ready for his run. It's been a while since I saw him and he is sporting a new hair do. He's got some weird spots on his head which reminds me of a leopard.
He told me he ran the Power Run last Sunday and he did badly. The funny thing was that this fella who has been out of action for sometime, tried to follow Jessica. hahahaha.... are you mad? Jessica will eat you for lunch man. He lost sight of her just as they entered Jalan Duta. He knows Jess goes to the track with me and is determined to follow her in the next race. Yeah right! take 10 pillows and dream.
The funny thing about the conversation we had was that he actually asked me how to get faster. Now, this is something really 'pelik' coz a year ago if you were to ask me that kinda question, I would have given you the blur look. He said that I've improved a lot from track and he wants to be fast too. I told him that he needs to do speedwork in order to even come close to Jess' ass. I gave him some tips on how he should run our 'residential' route and what he should target.
This guy said he just freaks out at the word 'track' coz it spells S U F F E R & P A I N. I told him 'no pain, no gain' and he should really consider doing speedwork. Even if you do not attend track session, you need to be VERY discipline and not cheat yourself. I feel proud actually. I do not believe it. Here is a guy who looks up to me (and I've only been running for a year or so) and asking for tips. Hmmmmmph, I shall not let it get to my head. I think I shall just sleep on it. Taaaaaaa....ZZZZZZzzzZZzZZZZZzzzzz
I did take it easy coz I did not run yesterday. I did some light running today just to see if the strain was still there. Lo and behold, it's still there. SHEEESH! I've gone through the injury list on Runner's World but they do not have it listed. Maybe it's just mild to be put up there as an injury. I hope this will not interfere with my race this coming Sunday. I shall take some rest and probably get it massaged. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
==========================================================================
As I was warming down, I met Meng (my so-called running partner who's been missing in action for weeks) stretching and getting ready for his run. It's been a while since I saw him and he is sporting a new hair do. He's got some weird spots on his head which reminds me of a leopard.
He told me he ran the Power Run last Sunday and he did badly. The funny thing was that this fella who has been out of action for sometime, tried to follow Jessica. hahahaha.... are you mad? Jessica will eat you for lunch man. He lost sight of her just as they entered Jalan Duta. He knows Jess goes to the track with me and is determined to follow her in the next race. Yeah right! take 10 pillows and dream.
The funny thing about the conversation we had was that he actually asked me how to get faster. Now, this is something really 'pelik' coz a year ago if you were to ask me that kinda question, I would have given you the blur look. He said that I've improved a lot from track and he wants to be fast too. I told him that he needs to do speedwork in order to even come close to Jess' ass. I gave him some tips on how he should run our 'residential' route and what he should target.
This guy said he just freaks out at the word 'track' coz it spells S U F F E R & P A I N. I told him 'no pain, no gain' and he should really consider doing speedwork. Even if you do not attend track session, you need to be VERY discipline and not cheat yourself. I feel proud actually. I do not believe it. Here is a guy who looks up to me (and I've only been running for a year or so) and asking for tips. Hmmmmmph, I shall not let it get to my head. I think I shall just sleep on it. Taaaaaaa....ZZZZZZzzzZZzZZZZZzzzzz

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home