psy-cho-sis (sI-'kO-s&s)

A severe running and mental disorder, characterized by derangement of personality and loss of contact with reality causing negativesplits.

Name:
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower is no problem." "I already know how to run slow. I want to know how to run fast" - Emil Zatopek

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Last Speedwork session

Last nite was my last speedwork session. I'll be missing it for at least 2 weeks which is after my Singapore Marathon's 21k debut. For now, I'll be concentrating and preparing for the 21k which is just round the corner.

I would like to also welcome Dinesh Kumaran who made his debut @ the Kg. Pandan track y'day. It was his first speedwork session and on behalf of the pacemakers who attend speedwork, we welcome you with open arms and good luck. Remember, run your pace and not get sucked in. Oh yeah, please do not 'trust' coach's "one last time" words, he might have summore up his sleeves.

Last nite's speedwork session saw us running in the rain. It was a wet encounter and only a handful of us turned up. Nevertheless, Coach, as the ever passionate person, turned up with an umbrella and gave us his interval menu.

1 x 1600 personal warm up ( I arrived late)
1 x 400m @ 80%
2 x 400m @ 50m slow / 50m fast
5 x 400m @ 80% - 1:47 / 1:48 /1:47 / 1:47 /1:47
3 x 800m @ 80% - 3:40 / 3:43 / 3:43
1 x 1200m @ 80% - 5:42
1 x 2000m @ all out effort + set time - 9:18
1 x 800m warm down.

Total = 12km

==================================================================
What a small world

When I was being introduced to the people in the office, I came across this guy which looked familiar but was shy in asking where I met him. He eventually introduced himself to me 2 days ago. He told me his name was Lawrence and he was Jamie's friend and that hit me right in the face. NO WONDER he looked so familiar lah!

He is a runner himself and joined Jamie in Thailand. You can read it all here and see his picture too (he is the bald guy with the glasses and he has this note beside his monitor that read "who needs hair anyway"). He too is going for the Singapore Marathon and now I have a running kaki in the office. He trains in lake gardens. I actually asked him to join us @ Kg Pandan but he said Coach was 'crazy' and pleasantly rejected my offer. He also does not have the luxury of leaving office early when his boss is around. Well, nevermind, I guess I have someone in the office that shares the same passion with me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home