psy-cho-sis (sI-'kO-s&s)

A severe running and mental disorder, characterized by derangement of personality and loss of contact with reality causing negativesplits.

Name:
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower is no problem." "I already know how to run slow. I want to know how to run fast" - Emil Zatopek

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Deepavali Long Run

This morning's run was a killer. I manage to complete it but had to walk/run the last 1-2 kms. I arrived at Lake Garden @ 7:30 and there was already a group waiting for coach to arrive. Coach arrive a while later and made up warm up by running around the car park. He said the motive of the run was to go slow and complete it.

I really have to respect Coach for his selflessness and he really takes pride and is very diligent in training us. Where can you find an individual who would dedicate his time and effort just for us? There is just no words to describe his sacrifice just for us to improve. That goes out for his wife too, who is always there to help and support him.

Coach made us run the double hill route and half double hill (we bypassed the Selangor Property road and went straight @ the roundabout) for the non elites. For the elites, they had to run the double hill and twice half double hill. The weather was good but it was too much for me coz my legs just gave way. I cycled and ran on Sunday and cycled (with Sunday's effort) again y'day. My legs were totally whacked after doing so much in the span of 2 days. Coach made sure we did not cut any corners coz he made his rounds and he gave us specific water stops where he would park his van pass us drinks (YOU DA MAN LAH COACH!). I ran the whole route with Justin (PM19) but he went ahead after my second round.

My quads are still sore and some even questioned if we are having any speedwork today @ Kg. Pandan. ARE YOU MAD!??? I think I must have covered 18-19kms today. There goes my long run for the week. I will ride the bike tomorrow. My legs require some well needed rest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home