Erratic running schedule
I sort of figured out my running downturn. I was lacking in rest. I was not getting quality rest eventhough the 8 hours per day is put in. I was probably getting 6 hours the most and the rest is was lost to tossing and turning. Work was the main culprit and it was affecting my running schedule and also rest.
I only managed a meager 2 laps in KLCC last Wednesday and I walked another 2. I then decided to rest on the next 2 days and only ran on Saturday. Even my run on Saturday was not satisfactory coz I struggled on the trail and eventually gave up.
Y'day was a great day. The weather was good and nothing could stop me from doing my Sunday run. I SMS-ed Meng and told him to meet me at the park but I said I'll bike before running. I did not push hard this time and did 10kms in 28 mins. After dropping the bike home, I proceeded to the park where Meng was chatting with this friend of his. I thought I saw Meng's friend running a while a go with his girlfriend but he stopped coz he 'pancet' but his girlfriend was still running (i think she easily did 6-8 km's and she was not bad looking with an OK body).
We started off easy as Meng said he wanted to go long. We ran our usual mile route with not much eye candy eventhough the weather was superb. We manage to complete 8 miles and I was pretty pleased knowing that I cycled before that. Meng is training for Singapore's 21km and he has worked out a pretty nice schedule in order to PR. I just hope he sticks to his running schedule and not screw it up by playing futsal and messing up his legs.
=======================================================================
The Great Escape
My days of running in KLCC might be numbered. As some of you know, I've been wanting to switch sides (no, not wanting to be a transvestite) but moving over to the client side as this media job is pretty mundane. By working in a creative agency (servicing side) you get to learn the core business and this is a great stepping stone if you are planning to be a marketer.
I've attended an interview and will be going for the 2nd one later this week. I wanna find out what are the perks coz if everything goes as planned, I will be moving over to Mid Valley. The only place I can think of is California Fitness coz there is no other place where you can get to work out. I'm sure gonna miss the KLCC runners and I'm also keeping my fingers crossed on attending Tuesday's speedwork.
Gone will be the days where I get to sit down at 'der_bench' and chat after my run. Also not forgetting the 'fellowship' with the female runners. SIGH! Well, I guess all good things must come to an end and its inevitable that you must move on in life in order to get to the next level.
I only managed a meager 2 laps in KLCC last Wednesday and I walked another 2. I then decided to rest on the next 2 days and only ran on Saturday. Even my run on Saturday was not satisfactory coz I struggled on the trail and eventually gave up.
Y'day was a great day. The weather was good and nothing could stop me from doing my Sunday run. I SMS-ed Meng and told him to meet me at the park but I said I'll bike before running. I did not push hard this time and did 10kms in 28 mins. After dropping the bike home, I proceeded to the park where Meng was chatting with this friend of his. I thought I saw Meng's friend running a while a go with his girlfriend but he stopped coz he 'pancet' but his girlfriend was still running (i think she easily did 6-8 km's and she was not bad looking with an OK body).
We started off easy as Meng said he wanted to go long. We ran our usual mile route with not much eye candy eventhough the weather was superb. We manage to complete 8 miles and I was pretty pleased knowing that I cycled before that. Meng is training for Singapore's 21km and he has worked out a pretty nice schedule in order to PR. I just hope he sticks to his running schedule and not screw it up by playing futsal and messing up his legs.
=======================================================================
The Great Escape
My days of running in KLCC might be numbered. As some of you know, I've been wanting to switch sides (no, not wanting to be a transvestite) but moving over to the client side as this media job is pretty mundane. By working in a creative agency (servicing side) you get to learn the core business and this is a great stepping stone if you are planning to be a marketer.
I've attended an interview and will be going for the 2nd one later this week. I wanna find out what are the perks coz if everything goes as planned, I will be moving over to Mid Valley. The only place I can think of is California Fitness coz there is no other place where you can get to work out. I'm sure gonna miss the KLCC runners and I'm also keeping my fingers crossed on attending Tuesday's speedwork.
Gone will be the days where I get to sit down at 'der_bench' and chat after my run. Also not forgetting the 'fellowship' with the female runners. SIGH! Well, I guess all good things must come to an end and its inevitable that you must move on in life in order to get to the next level.

3 Comments:
I still think you can at least go to KLCC on Wednesdays for our Fellowship Run. Hell, I will try to make it even though I'm now working in Damansara Heights! It's the experience of camarederie-ship of running with friends that is truly priceless. Try to make it to KLCC on Wednesdays, if you can. We could certainly do with your presence!
yeah man, some vulgarity in life never hurts!
all the best.
and if u can make it on wed
its best for all.
Post a Comment
<< Home