psy-cho-sis (sI-'kO-s&s)

A severe running and mental disorder, characterized by derangement of personality and loss of contact with reality causing negativesplits.

Name:
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower is no problem." "I already know how to run slow. I want to know how to run fast" - Emil Zatopek

Friday, October 07, 2005

Misc. entries

God, please forgive me for missing track work on Tuesday. I know I should not have gone out 'entertaining' but it's part and parcel of my job. I hope you keep my conditioning up to par and I will make it a point to attend next weeks speedwork rain or shine. Amen.

NEVER MISS SPEEDWORK unless you have to. I wanted to attend Tuesday's Kg. Pandan session but did not make it coz my colleague was down from KK and wanted to have dinner. I could have said no coz he knows I have trackwork but I felt bad coz he does not come down often and moreover, it's his last day before the 'suffers' for 1 month. Dinner turned into a party session which lasted till 11pm.

I woke up feeling stoned and had to pick my colleague up from the hotel. I did manage to run with Jamie and Newton on Wednesday. I did an easy 8 laps with them but 'pancet' on da last lap coz we were negative splitting lap after lap.

I tried to do some speedwork @ KLCC y'day but crashed coz it was not up to expectations. My legs were sluggish and I tired out. Well, I'll be looking forward to Tueday's speedwork as a payback for the few weeks of missed sessions.

=======================================================================
WHERE ARE ALL THE CARS

Driving in KL is a breeze after 7pm during the fasting month. I've been experiencing out-of-this-world-traffic in KL for the past 2 days. The roads were all clear and there was no need for cops to direct traffic coz you can count the number of cars on the streets. How I wish it would be like this everyday. SIGH!

Enjoy it while you can guys.

=======================================================================
TIPS FROM AZWAR

I've been getting tips from Azwar on riding and running. He is the best source of information if you plan to cycle and run. Since it was my first foray into the cycling thingy last Sunday, his tips I think will come in quite handy. I think I will do longer sprints on the uphill. You can really feel your quads 'burn' and I can see my heart rate shoot up 50 beats from the bottom right to the top.

I think I'll shoot for more reps this Sunday coz I don't think I'll run this Saturday. I'll be attending a wedding. I hope my legs are ok coz they felt like jello after my ride. I could not even stand straight and they felt wobbly. This is going into my training bank for Singapore Marathon's 21k. I'll drink to that. YUMMMMMMM SSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGG!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home