psy-cho-sis (sI-'kO-s&s)

A severe running and mental disorder, characterized by derangement of personality and loss of contact with reality causing negativesplits.

Name:
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower is no problem." "I already know how to run slow. I want to know how to run fast" - Emil Zatopek

Thursday, August 03, 2006

A good day

I had a great day running. I left office early coz my boss was not around. "When the cat's away, the mice will play". My team disappeared @ 5.30 except for me, who left @ 6pm. I headed for Lake Gardens and took my time to drive their and made some business arrangements while on the way. I was hoping for der_ rabbit to come but he is down with food poisoning. What could poison a rabbit?

I changed into my running gear and headed out into the park. I was hoping that my gait problem would not crop up and spoil my run. I started off easy to get everything right and once I passed my bogey point, everything went smoothly. I did not realise I was running so "swiftly" coz everything around me just zoomed passed. Was it the weather or was it because I started early? Its a luxury for me to leave office early and hit the tarmac. Those UOA days are way long gone. Well, that aside, I wasn't sure if I could make it back to the park faster than the usual time until I passed the Lake Gardens' gate.

As I was going down the slope, I looked at my watch and saw that I was making good time. I was running pass lake when I heard a voice calling. I turned around and saw Adam and he told me to go over and chat with him. I gave him the finger and told him I was about to end my run. He too is down with a cold and had to stop early. He said he will accompany me back to the carpark. We didn't talk much coz I was already running out of breath and had to dig into my reserves coz I just wanna finish my run and go home. We ran together all the way back to the carpark and I was huffing and panting when I finished the run.

This must be one of the best runs I've done since I started training in Lake Gardens. I have to thank the REAL undulating terrain there coz there is more than enough hills to give your legs a good workout. Moreover, running with seasoned runners do help. At times when der_rabbit is late, I would join some of Lawrence's friends. These guys are hardened runners and I sometimes do find it hard to keep up with them. Some of them have run so many marathons that they even have lost count. Dun pray pray!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home