psy-cho-sis (sI-'kO-s&s)

A severe running and mental disorder, characterized by derangement of personality and loss of contact with reality causing negativesplits.

Name:
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower is no problem." "I already know how to run slow. I want to know how to run fast" - Emil Zatopek

Monday, July 10, 2006

Finally Ended

The World Cup Finals has finally come to an end. The Italians crowned the victors while the French were left licking their wounds over a missed penalty. Personally, I would have preferred the Italians to win because they played well from the group stage and showed some real tenacity. On the other hand, the French started badly but showed guile in the knockout stages right up to the finals. Well, that's my point of view and if you think otherwise, you can leave your comments.

Everything good has to come to an end and I'm having mixed feelings coz this event happens every 4 years and this is where you get to watch football being played at its highest level and that is something you don't get to watch everyday. I am not dissing the football leagues around the world as that is totally different because in the World Cup, you are playing for honour and glory for YOUR COUNTRY.

Gone are the days when you come to work bleary eyed, yawning before lunch and trying to catch some shut-eye during lunch breaks. I now can concentrate on running and putting back some long awaited mileage but I'm currently nursing a twisted toe. I did an easy 10k y'day and felt a sharp pain on my right leg's big toe. I am currently limping coz whenever I put pressure on it, it hurts.

I'm praying that the pain goes away tomorrow coz I wanna hit the tarmac for some post World Cup run. For those football fan-atics out there, you can look forward to the Premier League next month and European Cup in 2 years time. I will be looking forward to South Africa coz I am planning to go down there for the next World Cup. I'm planning to lepak in Joburg (short for Johannesburg) for 2 weeks from the knockout stages right up to the Finals. Why Joburg? They have 2 venues in the same location, it's next to Pretoria (1 venue) and I can bunk @ my cousin-in-laws for FREE!

3 Comments:

Blogger Newton said...

wow u really plan ahead!

11:36 am  
Blogger Newton said...

by the way, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! i know it was supposed to be yesterday, my apologies.

12:00 pm  
Blogger Keipo said...

KNN:

Weeei...12/7 bird day...any big wish bo ?

Hope u can pia kau-kau lat in future race with more POWER..!!

3:25 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home