psy-cho-sis (sI-'kO-s&s)

A severe running and mental disorder, characterized by derangement of personality and loss of contact with reality causing negativesplits.

Name:
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower is no problem." "I already know how to run slow. I want to know how to run fast" - Emil Zatopek

Monday, August 01, 2005

Crashed and Burned

That's the headlines for my post mortem on my Klang 10k. I literally crashed and burned and its all my fault. Yeah, I put the blame solely on myself for my poor performance. C'mon man, even Jason (learn2eat) overtook me. How embarassing can that get? and to rub more salt into the wound, he has not been running for the past 2 weeks. Well, I'll just have to putthis race aside to move on.

I was at Mont Kiara on Friday evening to meet up with some college friends. I met Julian and he looked really good. He has lost some weight due to the dengue fever he contracted. I think he just got out from sound check coz he had the dishevelled look in his face. He told me it was low red blood cell count. I talked to him for a while and told him to get some good rest before playing his set.

I proceeded to my get-together destination. It was suppose to be an easy nite but things got a bit out of hand. From mugs to pints. From pints to jugs. From jugs to bottles. I did not know how much I had but I had more than I was suppose to. I still manage to go back in one piece. I woke up the next day in a daze and rushed back to Klang. I guess the rest I had Klang was not enough and I did not sleep well coz I was 'kan cheong'.

I tried running 85% for the race but I barely hit that high. After the 6th km, I was already down to walking and running. I was walking most of the time but manage to run as I approached the municipal council and completed the race from there on. Tey was at the finishing line to snap my picture but all I cared was to finish the dreaded race. I did not even bothered to split the time when I crossed the line. I was thinking that there were still medals to be collected but the malay chick was attending to some other runner and made us finishers wait. At the end of it, she handed us our certs and that's it.

I was so dehydrated that I just parked myself at the stall gulping down 100plus. I even asked the guy if I could have a whole bottle to myself. He gave me the f**k-off look. After having my fill, I joined the guys and chatted while Tey was walking around with his new digital camera and snapping pictures of everyone. You can get to view them here.

I even caught the 'organisers' selling drinks after they have finished pouring all the isotonic drinks. RM1 per packet drink. This is a rip-off. I will be posting the pictures tomorrow. I have kinkier pictures for you viewing please. One of our PM's cross dresses and was willing to give us a taste of his new-found undressing talents. After the race, a whole big group of them wanted to eat BKT (Bah Kut Teh) but I was not up to it was I just wanted to go back and have a nice hot shower and chill out. I eventually guided them to this stall in Teluk Pulai where they all had a great feast.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tan BoSe said...

Nice meeting you yesterday. Don't worry about the run though. Everyone has their highs and lows.Most important is you never give up. Cheers!

4:16 pm  
Blogger Keipo said...

KNN:

The water they sell is one pack RM0.50 lah..not RM 1.....! Cause I also tarak tahan dahaga...bought 2 RM1.00 only,ok lah...!!

pm22

6:19 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home