KLIM 06 Report - #$%^&
This year's race is the most depressing. Just when I thought I had it all, it just went BUST! Nothing can express the feeling now.
I felt good throughout the race. From the moment I warmed up to the start, everything went so well. My 10k split was 52mins and I was on a roll. I knew I would be able to beat the clock for a sub 2hr finishing or even better my PR. I was running so well untill it all crumbled @ the Marriot stretch when my left knee began to give way. Everytime my left foot struck the ground, the pain came. I could only manage to run 10m before walking. This was totally frustrating. SIGH!
So near yet so far. This was the last stretch and why, why did this have to happen? I forced myself to run but the pain kept coming back. I was forced to walk / run till the end of the race. Jessica aka Chubbybouncer too suffered a bad bout of stitch and she had to walk 2kms and that did not do any good. She found me walking and ran pass me. We eventually finished the race together with her coming in 2 secs behind me. My chip time was 2:06.01 but I couldn't care less.
I felt good throughout the race. From the moment I warmed up to the start, everything went so well. My 10k split was 52mins and I was on a roll. I knew I would be able to beat the clock for a sub 2hr finishing or even better my PR. I was running so well untill it all crumbled @ the Marriot stretch when my left knee began to give way. Everytime my left foot struck the ground, the pain came. I could only manage to run 10m before walking. This was totally frustrating. SIGH!
So near yet so far. This was the last stretch and why, why did this have to happen? I forced myself to run but the pain kept coming back. I was forced to walk / run till the end of the race. Jessica aka Chubbybouncer too suffered a bad bout of stitch and she had to walk 2kms and that did not do any good. She found me walking and ran pass me. We eventually finished the race together with her coming in 2 secs behind me. My chip time was 2:06.01 but I couldn't care less.

2 Comments:
Take it easy dude. Do better for your next race. How is your knee now?
Hi Psychosis, how are you doing...well, don't worry about the pain...just try to strengthen it...start from base...you'll be amazed. At the same time, get a scan too if you can...it may do good. Happy running...
Post a Comment
<< Home