psy-cho-sis (sI-'kO-s&s)

A severe running and mental disorder, characterized by derangement of personality and loss of contact with reality causing negativesplits.

Name:
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower is no problem." "I already know how to run slow. I want to know how to run fast" - Emil Zatopek

Monday, August 07, 2006

Roasted runner

I now feel like a roasted chicken. I started my long run y'day @ 5.15pm. I wanted to start early and end early but the only drawback was the HEAT!~~~ I did not bring my water bottle as usual and I started pretty OK. It was towards the last 2 miles which really got to me. BTW, I ran 9 miles + and by the time I ended my run, it was already 6.45pm and the sun was still up.

The last 2 miles was a struggle coz I was totally drained and had nothing to sweat. My hands were sticky with sweat and I just held on. I feel like my internal organs has been roasted coz when I got home, the first thing I did was to gulp down isotonics and water. Truthfully, water never tasted so good. Every drop was heavenly.

My runs are now targetted towards Singapore. I'm starting my Singapore training early coz of the unpredictable nature of my job. Moreover, the heat is a good way to prep yourself for what to expect from Singapore coz it was voted as one of the hottest marathons.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home