Work, work & more work
This blog entry is long overdue and I am just too busy to update it. This 2 months have been the worst months for my team and me. With big campaigns rolling out one after another and time not on our side, we are just working ourselves to the ground.
I do not even have the time to write my race report for Singapore. I did not run my best in Singapore and some of you thought that I would do well. Sorry guys, you thought wrong. I was basically squeezing in every second that I had and putting it into my runs. My Saturday long runs were "forced" runs coz I did not have time to run during weekdays because of work. Even if I had the time, I would not have completed my run coz of the stress and lethargy brought from work.
My trip to Singapore was a good getaway but it did not last long because I could not get away from all the grind. I still had to check my emails from my uncle's place because I know I will be swamped when I get back and I had to make sure I'm in the loop with the project. SHIT! I have to put this entry on hold coz there something I need to do. sigh!
Back! I'll just give a brief race report.
Arrived in Singapore with my other half on Friday noon and went straight to Orchard in our luggages. Women can just shop in whatever situations. We walked till 4+pm and decided to go pick up my race bib. After picking up the bib, I made sure that there will be no more shopping and we headed to my uncle's place. I showered and crashed for a while coz I really needed the rest. That week was a real test for me coz I only ran 10k and that was all. I woke up for dinner and caught up with their local news. I must admit that their journalists and newscasters are much better compared to the ones we have back home.
I eventually knocked out @ 8.30pm and knocked out till 9am the next morning. I felt like I needed more rest but the thought of work kept me up and quickly washed up and checked my email. I stayed home the whole day and chilled while my wife chatted and played with my cousin. My cousin is in standard 2 but he converses like an adult. My aunt, a lecturer in NUS, has been systematically educating him and made sure that he lacks nothing when it comes to education. My cousin went for some English test and came up top 100 in the world and this really blew me off. Singapore is really a tough place to live in.
I left the house and met up with Ronnie and gang @ 7pm. We went for dinner and some of them wanted to walk Orchard. Ronnie and Lai stayed back coz they wanted to get some good rest before the next days race. We arrived "home" @ 11pm and I washed up and headed straight for bed. Me, being a bad sleeper did not sleep much coz I was not use to the place and I was tossing and turning the whole nite. When I actually fell a sleep, I got woken up by Ah Loong's rummaging-for-items sound. He turned on all the lights and woke most of us up and from there on I just tossed and turn again.
I got up @ 5am, washed up and packed. Once everyone was done, we headed down to grab a cab. We arrived just in time to watch the marathon start. It's really a great sight to watch the runners go off. I wasted no time and headed for the baggage area and dropped off my bag. I met up with Justin and Adam. We warmed up together but I had to take a detour coz nature called. By the time I entered the 'kandang' the crowd was so thick I had to weave my way around to get in front. I've never seen so many people running a race before. The gun went off @ 630am sharp and everyone headed off to conquer the distance.
I started off fine but had to make my way around the crowd because this must be one of the largest I've ran in. I was not sure if the mile markers were right but I completed my 10km in 56 mins. I need to take a break again! sigh. Back again and I hope to finish my entry this time. By the time I looped back, I came head on with all the 10km runners. I bet I was not the only one feeling all jammed up. I wasted time and energy in my 10km and now I had to waste more? I resorted to shoving this time around. I knew I got on a lot of runners nerves but I had to do it.
It was much better when I arrived at the bridge where the 10km runners eventually headed off to the finishing line and I had to continue my race. I took a few short 30 secs walk breaks because I was tired and was unprepared for the race. As I was heading towards Nicoll Bridge, I saw Justin and 10ms behind him was Ronnie. I cheered them on as I could see that they were really going ALL out. I saw Lai and Naresh, who was walking and I cheered him to run. After the U-turn at the bridge, I knew I was on the way back and I dug deep into my reserves to finish the race. As I arrived at Esplanade Drive (Big Durian), my left leg felt uneasy and in my mind I knew I was going to cramp but I just pushed on. I felt so happy to reach the bridge along Fullerton Road. THE END WAS VERY NEAR! Woohoo! I started running with all I had and I could hear the crowd cheering and there was this female runner beside me who was giving all she got. I too tekan-ed with her but as was 200 m from the finishing line, I felt my left hamstring pull and I knew I was gonne cramp. ARRRGH! I've come to far to cramp and in my mind I was thinking, FAK IT! I'm gonna finish this race no matter what.
I eventually overtook the female runner and gave the last few meters all I had and thus you see that I had the constipated look on my face when I crossed the finish line below. I felt like puking after the race as I my body was cold and I was totally pooped. It took me quite a while to get my composure. I met up with Adam and Kevin Chow at the end of the race and we sat and chatted but we were chased away by the marshall as they were afraid that we will be blocking traffic. I then headed off to collect my medal and walked aimlessly. I did not even finish the banana given coz all I wanted to do was sit down. I met up with Adam again at the baggage collection area and I sat and chatted with out of the officials manning the baggage. I told him about the crowd and they should do something about it. There is just too many people and they should consider holding the run on a wider road or give the 10km runners a different route. I even told him about the shouting and shoving I had to do and he had the chick to chuckle at that.
After Adam got this baggage, I took from him my belongings and headed off to Excelsior for a shower in Lawrence's room. I had a light meal of a bun and my trusted bottle of Gatorade to top it all off. I headed home after my shower and crashed. I woke up after 2 hours and it was back to Orchard road with my other half for some retail therapy.
Positive Notes
1) Still the best organised race in the region.
2) Drinks aplenty at the end of the race
3) More eye candy as chicks are coming in droves this time around
Negative Notes
1) HAVE TO TRAIN HARDER! (If I have the time)
2) Need to have isotonics at every station
3) Where the hell are the sponging stations?
4) Runners' management. We need a wider route OR different route for 10km runners
5) WHO THE HELL PROOF READ THE COPY ON THE MEDAL BEFORE PRODUCTION!????
6) Need to find a better place to rest before the race.

My shit is not coming out!

Finally over!
I do not even have the time to write my race report for Singapore. I did not run my best in Singapore and some of you thought that I would do well. Sorry guys, you thought wrong. I was basically squeezing in every second that I had and putting it into my runs. My Saturday long runs were "forced" runs coz I did not have time to run during weekdays because of work. Even if I had the time, I would not have completed my run coz of the stress and lethargy brought from work.
My trip to Singapore was a good getaway but it did not last long because I could not get away from all the grind. I still had to check my emails from my uncle's place because I know I will be swamped when I get back and I had to make sure I'm in the loop with the project. SHIT! I have to put this entry on hold coz there something I need to do. sigh!
Back! I'll just give a brief race report.
Arrived in Singapore with my other half on Friday noon and went straight to Orchard in our luggages. Women can just shop in whatever situations. We walked till 4+pm and decided to go pick up my race bib. After picking up the bib, I made sure that there will be no more shopping and we headed to my uncle's place. I showered and crashed for a while coz I really needed the rest. That week was a real test for me coz I only ran 10k and that was all. I woke up for dinner and caught up with their local news. I must admit that their journalists and newscasters are much better compared to the ones we have back home.
I eventually knocked out @ 8.30pm and knocked out till 9am the next morning. I felt like I needed more rest but the thought of work kept me up and quickly washed up and checked my email. I stayed home the whole day and chilled while my wife chatted and played with my cousin. My cousin is in standard 2 but he converses like an adult. My aunt, a lecturer in NUS, has been systematically educating him and made sure that he lacks nothing when it comes to education. My cousin went for some English test and came up top 100 in the world and this really blew me off. Singapore is really a tough place to live in.
I left the house and met up with Ronnie and gang @ 7pm. We went for dinner and some of them wanted to walk Orchard. Ronnie and Lai stayed back coz they wanted to get some good rest before the next days race. We arrived "home" @ 11pm and I washed up and headed straight for bed. Me, being a bad sleeper did not sleep much coz I was not use to the place and I was tossing and turning the whole nite. When I actually fell a sleep, I got woken up by Ah Loong's rummaging-for-items sound. He turned on all the lights and woke most of us up and from there on I just tossed and turn again.
I got up @ 5am, washed up and packed. Once everyone was done, we headed down to grab a cab. We arrived just in time to watch the marathon start. It's really a great sight to watch the runners go off. I wasted no time and headed for the baggage area and dropped off my bag. I met up with Justin and Adam. We warmed up together but I had to take a detour coz nature called. By the time I entered the 'kandang' the crowd was so thick I had to weave my way around to get in front. I've never seen so many people running a race before. The gun went off @ 630am sharp and everyone headed off to conquer the distance.
I started off fine but had to make my way around the crowd because this must be one of the largest I've ran in. I was not sure if the mile markers were right but I completed my 10km in 56 mins. I need to take a break again! sigh. Back again and I hope to finish my entry this time. By the time I looped back, I came head on with all the 10km runners. I bet I was not the only one feeling all jammed up. I wasted time and energy in my 10km and now I had to waste more? I resorted to shoving this time around. I knew I got on a lot of runners nerves but I had to do it.
It was much better when I arrived at the bridge where the 10km runners eventually headed off to the finishing line and I had to continue my race. I took a few short 30 secs walk breaks because I was tired and was unprepared for the race. As I was heading towards Nicoll Bridge, I saw Justin and 10ms behind him was Ronnie. I cheered them on as I could see that they were really going ALL out. I saw Lai and Naresh, who was walking and I cheered him to run. After the U-turn at the bridge, I knew I was on the way back and I dug deep into my reserves to finish the race. As I arrived at Esplanade Drive (Big Durian), my left leg felt uneasy and in my mind I knew I was going to cramp but I just pushed on. I felt so happy to reach the bridge along Fullerton Road. THE END WAS VERY NEAR! Woohoo! I started running with all I had and I could hear the crowd cheering and there was this female runner beside me who was giving all she got. I too tekan-ed with her but as was 200 m from the finishing line, I felt my left hamstring pull and I knew I was gonne cramp. ARRRGH! I've come to far to cramp and in my mind I was thinking, FAK IT! I'm gonna finish this race no matter what.
I eventually overtook the female runner and gave the last few meters all I had and thus you see that I had the constipated look on my face when I crossed the finish line below. I felt like puking after the race as I my body was cold and I was totally pooped. It took me quite a while to get my composure. I met up with Adam and Kevin Chow at the end of the race and we sat and chatted but we were chased away by the marshall as they were afraid that we will be blocking traffic. I then headed off to collect my medal and walked aimlessly. I did not even finish the banana given coz all I wanted to do was sit down. I met up with Adam again at the baggage collection area and I sat and chatted with out of the officials manning the baggage. I told him about the crowd and they should do something about it. There is just too many people and they should consider holding the run on a wider road or give the 10km runners a different route. I even told him about the shouting and shoving I had to do and he had the chick to chuckle at that.
After Adam got this baggage, I took from him my belongings and headed off to Excelsior for a shower in Lawrence's room. I had a light meal of a bun and my trusted bottle of Gatorade to top it all off. I headed home after my shower and crashed. I woke up after 2 hours and it was back to Orchard road with my other half for some retail therapy.
Positive Notes
1) Still the best organised race in the region.
2) Drinks aplenty at the end of the race
3) More eye candy as chicks are coming in droves this time around
Negative Notes
1) HAVE TO TRAIN HARDER! (If I have the time)
2) Need to have isotonics at every station
3) Where the hell are the sponging stations?
4) Runners' management. We need a wider route OR different route for 10km runners
5) WHO THE HELL PROOF READ THE COPY ON THE MEDAL BEFORE PRODUCTION!????
6) Need to find a better place to rest before the race.

My shit is not coming out!

Finally over!

1 Comments:
what la bro,
like crying crossing the line?
haha...
congratulation!
Post a Comment
<< Home