Track Hell!
Today's track workout was hellish. Coach did not turn up so one of those guys decided to lead the training. We were broken into the same old 3 groups. Today was different for me coz I took a bold step and joined the 2nd group instead. They were doing 15 x 400 @ 2:40 intervals.
I started off well averaging between 1:55 per lap till I found a pacer, Ah Chee. This guy is a traithlete and he decided to go easy coz he was preparing for this weekend's Kenyir Dam Triathlon. You can find out more in Azwar's site or here. Since I joined the track team, I have yet to really introduce myself. I did a brief intro to him while running side by side. I told him that I wanted him to be my pacer and he agreed. This is where the pain began.
Ah Chee was doing 1:50 laps and we ran side by side for more than 2/3 of the intervals. Ronnie decided to lead the group and he never missed by a second. By the 13th lap, Ah Chee sped off and left me all alone coz there were only 3 laps left and he gave it all he had. I could not catch up with him but manage to maintain my lap time of 1:50. As we were about to finish the final lap, Ronnie told us that he is planning for another 3 more laps and said if anyone wanted to join they can feel free to. Well, I was too outta breath to answer him.
To me, the 15th lap would be final and when it started, my legs were calling out for help. I perservered and gave whatever energy I had into the last lap. The last 200m were the longest coz I couldn't wait for it to end. I was wheezing thru my mouth. I finally finished the lap in 1:44. I just could not walk after that and was standing motionless, body bent forward with my hand on my knees. It took me 5 mins to snap out of it.
I decided to warm down by jogging 2 laps with Kenny (PM27). Finally it's all over and shortly after that, I left the place feeling pooped and hungry from all the work out.
I started off well averaging between 1:55 per lap till I found a pacer, Ah Chee. This guy is a traithlete and he decided to go easy coz he was preparing for this weekend's Kenyir Dam Triathlon. You can find out more in Azwar's site or here. Since I joined the track team, I have yet to really introduce myself. I did a brief intro to him while running side by side. I told him that I wanted him to be my pacer and he agreed. This is where the pain began.
Ah Chee was doing 1:50 laps and we ran side by side for more than 2/3 of the intervals. Ronnie decided to lead the group and he never missed by a second. By the 13th lap, Ah Chee sped off and left me all alone coz there were only 3 laps left and he gave it all he had. I could not catch up with him but manage to maintain my lap time of 1:50. As we were about to finish the final lap, Ronnie told us that he is planning for another 3 more laps and said if anyone wanted to join they can feel free to. Well, I was too outta breath to answer him.
To me, the 15th lap would be final and when it started, my legs were calling out for help. I perservered and gave whatever energy I had into the last lap. The last 200m were the longest coz I couldn't wait for it to end. I was wheezing thru my mouth. I finally finished the lap in 1:44. I just could not walk after that and was standing motionless, body bent forward with my hand on my knees. It took me 5 mins to snap out of it.
I decided to warm down by jogging 2 laps with Kenny (PM27). Finally it's all over and shortly after that, I left the place feeling pooped and hungry from all the work out.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home