10 Lapper @ KLCC
Y'day was the first time I did a 10 lapper @ KLCC. I wanted to do easy 10 laps coz I hav to save some energy for today's Kg. Pandan onslaught. I arrived at the park @ approx 6 p.m. and saw John Tan running @ a very fast pace. Then lo and behold, I saw Tey, our friendly neighbourhood photographer/multi-marathoner running. This must be the first time he's running at the park.
I soon join him but found out that he was doing 7min lap and that was too fast for me. I fell back and had a drink of water and did a slight jog back to the mosque and did some light stretching. I started off @ around 8.30 mile pace and felt comfortable as this would not over strain my legs for Kg. Pandan. As I arrived at the Exxon building, I met with Newton. He was running the opposite way and he hopped on the running bandwagon. We were doing pretty decent coz we were maintaining the same pace every lap.
After completing 3.5 laps, we met with Nurotevil and he asked how fast we were doing and we told him 7.30 pace and he too hopped on. Newton was complaining that we were too fast coz he has not been doing this pace for a while. I too was feeling bored and letting my head get to me. I slowed down on the 7th lap and even slower on the 8th lap.
Newton surprisingly joined me for the 9th lap altho he said he was only gonna do 8. I had to drop him (sorry dude) coz on the 9th lap I increased my pace. I think he finally stopped after the 9th lap but I continued to push until the final lap where I finished a decent 1:15.18. Below are my lap splits.
Lap 1 - 7:27.76
Lap 2 - 7:35.68
Lap 3 - 7:26.25
Lap 4 - 7:30.52
Lap 5 - 7:27.03
Lap 6 - 7:38.02
Lap 7 - 7:55.40
Lap 8 - 8:24.04
Lap 9 - 7:03.86
Lap 10 - 6:48.71
My legs are feeling alright as I'm typing this out and I should be OK for Kg. Pandan.
I soon join him but found out that he was doing 7min lap and that was too fast for me. I fell back and had a drink of water and did a slight jog back to the mosque and did some light stretching. I started off @ around 8.30 mile pace and felt comfortable as this would not over strain my legs for Kg. Pandan. As I arrived at the Exxon building, I met with Newton. He was running the opposite way and he hopped on the running bandwagon. We were doing pretty decent coz we were maintaining the same pace every lap.
After completing 3.5 laps, we met with Nurotevil and he asked how fast we were doing and we told him 7.30 pace and he too hopped on. Newton was complaining that we were too fast coz he has not been doing this pace for a while. I too was feeling bored and letting my head get to me. I slowed down on the 7th lap and even slower on the 8th lap.
Newton surprisingly joined me for the 9th lap altho he said he was only gonna do 8. I had to drop him (sorry dude) coz on the 9th lap I increased my pace. I think he finally stopped after the 9th lap but I continued to push until the final lap where I finished a decent 1:15.18. Below are my lap splits.
Lap 1 - 7:27.76
Lap 2 - 7:35.68
Lap 3 - 7:26.25
Lap 4 - 7:30.52
Lap 5 - 7:27.03
Lap 6 - 7:38.02
Lap 7 - 7:55.40
Lap 8 - 8:24.04
Lap 9 - 7:03.86
Lap 10 - 6:48.71
My legs are feeling alright as I'm typing this out and I should be OK for Kg. Pandan.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home