Daze in the haze
If you did not notice the haze that was clouding the city yesterday then you are from another planet. The smog was so thick that visibilty wan down to a mere hundred meters. There was a slight haze in the morning but it got worst in the afternoon.
I was on the way out of the office and got a shock of my life. I was at the lift lobby and looked out the window as it was ajar. I thought I was in Genting Highlands but reality set in coz I could smell the smog. I immediately called Jamie and he confirmed that the haze was bad. The first thing that hit me was T R A C K W O R K! Arrrrgggh! I was totally prepared to whack the track kau kau lat after a poor performance on Sunday. I called Ronnie and from the tone of his voice, insisted on going to the track. Do you mind me asking but do you have filters for your lungs Ronnie? I ask him to call coach and sms me if there was any track work. Til now, the sms have yet to arrive.
I got into the car and called Justin was in Taman Maluri's Jusco and he too got a shock when I told him about the haze. I told him that I'm skipping the trackwork coz running with this kind of air quality will not make us any good. My interpretation of running in the haze is like running ON a treadmill IN a snooker parlour. Hahahaha… I decided to just cut my loses and head home instead. I'm still frustrated at the thought of being able to run but I guess it would be better to be safe than sorry coz the chances are quite high that you'll fall sick if you run in such air quality.
The headlines for one of the local paper read out "SUDDEN HAZE". C'mon la, we are not born y'day or neither are we primary students. There is no such thing as sudden haze. The indonesians are at it again. Bunch of wanks. Even the govt is not doing anything about 'the peat fire' (I think this is a cover up coz I don't think there is only ONE peat fire) in Cyberjaya. Why does these peat fire emerge when the haze envelopes the whole Klang Valley? Isn't there anyone monitoring or is it just prevalent and no one gives 2 shit about it till something big happens?
I have taken some pictures with my trusty camera for your viewing pleasure. Justin, yes, I do travel around with my camera coz I need it for 'work'.

Are we in Genting Highlands?

Taken from Bank Industri Junction. Can barely see Maju Junction.
Check out the bright spot hidden behind the smog.
I was on the way out of the office and got a shock of my life. I was at the lift lobby and looked out the window as it was ajar. I thought I was in Genting Highlands but reality set in coz I could smell the smog. I immediately called Jamie and he confirmed that the haze was bad. The first thing that hit me was T R A C K W O R K! Arrrrgggh! I was totally prepared to whack the track kau kau lat after a poor performance on Sunday. I called Ronnie and from the tone of his voice, insisted on going to the track. Do you mind me asking but do you have filters for your lungs Ronnie? I ask him to call coach and sms me if there was any track work. Til now, the sms have yet to arrive.
I got into the car and called Justin was in Taman Maluri's Jusco and he too got a shock when I told him about the haze. I told him that I'm skipping the trackwork coz running with this kind of air quality will not make us any good. My interpretation of running in the haze is like running ON a treadmill IN a snooker parlour. Hahahaha… I decided to just cut my loses and head home instead. I'm still frustrated at the thought of being able to run but I guess it would be better to be safe than sorry coz the chances are quite high that you'll fall sick if you run in such air quality.
The headlines for one of the local paper read out "SUDDEN HAZE". C'mon la, we are not born y'day or neither are we primary students. There is no such thing as sudden haze. The indonesians are at it again. Bunch of wanks. Even the govt is not doing anything about 'the peat fire' (I think this is a cover up coz I don't think there is only ONE peat fire) in Cyberjaya. Why does these peat fire emerge when the haze envelopes the whole Klang Valley? Isn't there anyone monitoring or is it just prevalent and no one gives 2 shit about it till something big happens?
I have taken some pictures with my trusty camera for your viewing pleasure. Justin, yes, I do travel around with my camera coz I need it for 'work'.

Are we in Genting Highlands?

Taken from Bank Industri Junction. Can barely see Maju Junction.
Check out the bright spot hidden behind the smog.

2 Comments:
Hello, friend. Thanks for visiting my blog. I'll be running in KOTR, Putrajaya, PJ Half and Shah Alam, September's every weekend also fully booked for runs liau. Haha. See you
In Penang, it wasn't that bad. No haze.
Post a Comment
<< Home