psy-cho-sis (sI-'kO-s&s)

A severe running and mental disorder, characterized by derangement of personality and loss of contact with reality causing negativesplits.

Name:
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower is no problem." "I already know how to run slow. I want to know how to run fast" - Emil Zatopek

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Normal service resumed.

If you have been following some of our blog entries, you would have noticed that there were not much outdoor running entries other than those who's had the privilege to run @ the gym. This blog entry really touched me coz KLCC was our running haunt and becoz of the darn haze, we had to put our running on hold.

Y'day, by hook or by crook, I had to run @ KLCC. I was on the verge of signing up with a gym becoz of the haze and I was suppose to get my 1 week trial @ 5.30 pm. At 5.15, I went down to my car and took my gear back up into the office. I sent out a few SMSs to see if the guys were running and only one person said he was running and that person was Newton.

I geared up and took a walk to the park. The sun was up and skies were clear. It's great to be able to walk the same path to the park again. I arrived and saw Mr. Gan power-walking. I asked if he wanted to run and he agreed coz he too just started. We started fine until the 4th lap which he dropped off coz his new shoes were giving him some problems. BTW, he got himself a new pair of NB crosstrainers. Sheeesh, why crosstrainers to run?

The heat was getting to me and Newton joined me on the 5th. By the 6th lap, I was already drenched but hustled on to complete my intended 8 laps. I managed to complete my 8 lapper but almost knocked down a kid on my last lap. This middle-eastern kid, probably aged 2.5 - 3 yrs of age, just crossed my path without looking and I had to put out my hand to prevent my knees from knocking her out cold. With that, I gave a shout and the child's mother quickly rushed to her with eyes wide open.

A word of caution, PLEASE TAKE CARE OF YOUR CHILD WHILE IN THE PARK! DO NOT LET THEM RUN AROUND COZ THEY MIGHT GET KNOCKED DOWN UNSUSPECTINGLY BY SOME RUNNERS. I wonder what goes through the heads of these tourists. They think they are high and mighty and the park is theirs to loiter around. The answer is YES and NO. Yes, it's a public park and you have the right to loiter around and NO becoz you should be wary of where you are walking and not behave like a zombie coz you might be crossing paths with a runner. We get a lot of these tourist especially on the bridge and the do not give a rats ass if they are in your way. All the can think of is how they wanna snap their pictures. Helloooooo, knock knock, anyone home? DUH!

Whatever it is, y'day's run was great. KLCC urusharta S/B i.e. the park management, manage to give 'DER_BENCH' a new lease of life by giving it a new coat of laquer and I must be one of the first to lay my wet bum on it. Kudos. Normal service has resumed. I wonder whats the menu for speedword today?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home