Run with Li-Hung
I got a call on Friday nite and to my surprise it was Li-Hung. He wanted to catch up on some running and thought if I would be interested to join him for a Saturday morning run. How can I throw away an opportunity like this coz this guys is very very busy and only comes back to Malaysia once in a blue moon. SET! 7 a.m. @ Taman Rakyat.
I was a bit late for the appt coz as I was about to leave the house, my stomach began to grumble. Sorry dude. I arrive @ around 7.15 a.m. and saw Li-Hung walking around. I circled around looking for a spot and there was none. I didn't know Klang people were so health conscious. I found a spot eventually and quickly raced to meet him. He looked fresh coz he told me he wanted to run to Taman Rakyat. He said his wife wanted to exercise and so she tagged along.
Our plan was to run at the park but there were loads of people around and Li-Hung suggested we take another route instead. WAH! I didn't know of this route at all. Must test power lah. We started off @ a pretty fast pace (5.00 min pace) which was my race pace. Li-Hung said it was his normal running pace. GULP! He took me on some route which led out to the back of the Sultan's Palace and along the Klang 10k route. We cut back towards Jalan Istana and headed back towards Jalan Banting. The pace was getting faster coz I was breathing heavily and it's definitely faster than the 5min pace we were running.
We eventually slowed down coz the route was undulating with many inclines. We reached the foot of the 'reservoir hill' and Li-Hung said he wanted to take the short cut from the hill back to Taman Rakyat but I pancet coz I could not run up the hill at that pace. We then saw a familiar face on a scooter. It was Ajeep. He thought we were running in Taman Rakyat and wanted to join us. Ajeep chat with me while Li-Hung said he will hentam the hill and come down again.
It took him around 6 mins to go up and down and that is freakin fast man. He did not look a bit exhausted when he came down. We then ran back to Taman Rakyat where his wife was already waiting. To cut it short, Li-Hung is a great running partner and I manage to pick up some tips while running. He did most of the talking coz my sentences were in short breathes. The pace increase was very subtle but the run was a great workout. When will you be back again ah?
=======================================================================
The haze is back again and this has really put a dent on my running. The reason is coz I do not have a gym membership (which I think is a total waste) and there is no way in the world you can run in that kind of air quality. I was feeling hyped after Saturday's morning run and wanted do some light trail running in the evening but the haze 'reappeared' out of nowhere in the afternoon. According to the press, it was blown over by the south-west monsoon.
The air situation has been like that since Saturday afternoon and I don't think it will improve any time soon. SIGH! Why can't the Indonesian govt. do something about this? And why isn't our own Govt. posting the Air Quality Index for us to know if it's safe to go outside or to stay home? For more ranting go here.
I was a bit late for the appt coz as I was about to leave the house, my stomach began to grumble. Sorry dude. I arrive @ around 7.15 a.m. and saw Li-Hung walking around. I circled around looking for a spot and there was none. I didn't know Klang people were so health conscious. I found a spot eventually and quickly raced to meet him. He looked fresh coz he told me he wanted to run to Taman Rakyat. He said his wife wanted to exercise and so she tagged along.
Our plan was to run at the park but there were loads of people around and Li-Hung suggested we take another route instead. WAH! I didn't know of this route at all. Must test power lah. We started off @ a pretty fast pace (5.00 min pace) which was my race pace. Li-Hung said it was his normal running pace. GULP! He took me on some route which led out to the back of the Sultan's Palace and along the Klang 10k route. We cut back towards Jalan Istana and headed back towards Jalan Banting. The pace was getting faster coz I was breathing heavily and it's definitely faster than the 5min pace we were running.
We eventually slowed down coz the route was undulating with many inclines. We reached the foot of the 'reservoir hill' and Li-Hung said he wanted to take the short cut from the hill back to Taman Rakyat but I pancet coz I could not run up the hill at that pace. We then saw a familiar face on a scooter. It was Ajeep. He thought we were running in Taman Rakyat and wanted to join us. Ajeep chat with me while Li-Hung said he will hentam the hill and come down again.
It took him around 6 mins to go up and down and that is freakin fast man. He did not look a bit exhausted when he came down. We then ran back to Taman Rakyat where his wife was already waiting. To cut it short, Li-Hung is a great running partner and I manage to pick up some tips while running. He did most of the talking coz my sentences were in short breathes. The pace increase was very subtle but the run was a great workout. When will you be back again ah?
=======================================================================
The haze is back again and this has really put a dent on my running. The reason is coz I do not have a gym membership (which I think is a total waste) and there is no way in the world you can run in that kind of air quality. I was feeling hyped after Saturday's morning run and wanted do some light trail running in the evening but the haze 'reappeared' out of nowhere in the afternoon. According to the press, it was blown over by the south-west monsoon.
The air situation has been like that since Saturday afternoon and I don't think it will improve any time soon. SIGH! Why can't the Indonesian govt. do something about this? And why isn't our own Govt. posting the Air Quality Index for us to know if it's safe to go outside or to stay home? For more ranting go here.

1 Comments:
when his wife asked him to wash the clothes, zatopek washed the clothes by stomping on them for a few hours with military boots.
Post a Comment
<< Home