psy-cho-sis (sI-'kO-s&s)

A severe running and mental disorder, characterized by derangement of personality and loss of contact with reality causing negativesplits.

Name:
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower is no problem." "I already know how to run slow. I want to know how to run fast" - Emil Zatopek

Friday, August 26, 2005

Quiet Week

This week has been pretty quiet for me. Nothing interesting happenning accept work and more work. The weather has not been that forgiving either. It's getting hotter by the day. Well, I have no qualms about that coz it surely beats having the stupid haze around.

The park is buzzing again with life. The after-work runners/walkers/joggers are back in action and it's feels good to see these people sweating it out. It makes you wanna sweat more. I've manage to put in some decent mileage this week altho I totally missed out on track work due to the freak brief downpour on Tuesday. I think I've gain a bit more knowledge after reading Daniel's Running Formula. This book has given me some insights on how to train. Coupled with the fact that I'm also reading Noakes' Lore of Running, it's really makes a good combination. Some sort a bit more lethal, I must say. Noakes gives you the A-Z while Daniels gives you the sharpening.

I've noticed that some of the KLCC runners have the 'pantang dicabar' attitude. I dunno wut is wrong with these people. Just becoz you overtook them, they'll try to overtake you again. Excuse me, is there something wrong with me overtaking you? Do you feel wimp-ish being overtaken by a faster runner? I had 2 encounters y'day and these fellas are just recreational runners who think there are distance runners (angan-angan lah). Whenever I passed them, they'll try to pass you again. I think they get a kick out of overtaking you. Stick to your pace lah. I think it's time we runners strike back la. I'm not being confrontational but these egotistical guys should be taught a lesson. We play the 'pancing / fishing' game. Play tag with them till they burn out (but make sure you are up to it that particular day, if not malu lah) or the best is to 'smoke em' on the hills then recover and smoke em again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home