psy-cho-sis (sI-'kO-s&s)

A severe running and mental disorder, characterized by derangement of personality and loss of contact with reality causing negativesplits.

Name:
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower is no problem." "I already know how to run slow. I want to know how to run fast" - Emil Zatopek

Thursday, September 01, 2005

Missing in Action

Wow! it's been almost a week since I last updated this blog. I've been pretty busy with work and I've also taken a break during the weekend til National Day's celebration. I was @ the stadium on Saturday and I saw Rohaizad with another man. They just finished their run and were walking back into the stadium. I manage to do some track work since I missed Tuesday's speedwork.

I left for Port Dickson again (I was in PD during the haze a few weeks back) on Sunday for a mens retreat. This was organised by my church and it's some sort of a bonding session for us men. We stayed in the Bayu Beach Resort. The place is not really up to my stds but it's a great place to run. The first thing I checked out was the gym and the treadmill was in a bad or let me rephrase that, TERRIBLE, condition. The meters on the treadmill was missing and that totally put me off. I then went down to survey the compound and found out that the resort had a narrow but long compound and you can actually run to the back as well.

My prayers were answered. I manage to clock in some decent mileage and running had never been so enjoyable coz I had the sea breeze to cool me down. I did not bother running at the beach coz PD beaches are not well kept and you might step on some 'foreign' objects and injure your feet. I manage to do some running and 'swimming' as well. When I say swimming, it's not swimming per se, but more of pool activity. We played 'chopping' in the pool. If you remember chopping back in school where you hurl a tennis ball at your mates to 'hurt' them but ours took a twist coz we had a water polo ball instead. 1 hour of this and you'll be totally pooped. Trust me. Imagine the ducking, diving and 'running' you have to do. I was pretty surprised that I lasted longer than most of the guys who gave up towards the end.

I had my fair share of disheartening moments as well. My Timex Ironman watched which I got last year KO-ed on me. The watch is barely a year old and it's alredy screwed up coz water entered it while I was in the pool. The screen fogged up and it started to skip modes. SIGH! I have to be thankful as well coz this is the first time I took it into the pool and this happened. The only time it goes under water would be after my runs coz I will wash it under cold running water and the watch has a maximum depth of 50m. Yeah, my foot. The pool is only 1.5m (5ft) deep. Thank God it's still under warranty and I'm taking the whole thing back to the distributor tomorrow. Ironman my foot! Even my HRM is a bit screwed up coz it gives me false readings at time. I think maybe its coz of my sweat which is seeping into the watch and screwing up the readings. How can a person like me have a maximum heart rate of 240? I'm no superman lah.

One word of advise from me would be to please check you watch by giving it the pool treatment after you have purchased it. Even so if its a Timex Ironman model. Pondan man is more like it. Oh yeah! another thing to remember is not to press any buttons while under water coz water can seep in through the buttons.

Now I have to put on a female ironman watch that belongs to my other half. I feel like a sissy coz the size is way too small for my hands. SIGH! I think I should consider the Nike Triax Super 100 since I've been eyeing it for a while now. A new shoe or a new watch?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home