Long Overdue Entry
I've been very busy lately travelling to KK and back. Head office wanted me to be there to help out some training of a coupla new staff. It's nice to be back there too. I think it must have been almost a year since I went there and the city has seen some changes. Even the office has got some new faces. One of them is this Dusun girl which moved over from the office in Wisma Sabah. It's more cost efficient to house everyone under one roof coz Wisma Sabah's rental is pretty high. The reason being the location, which is beside the ocean. The office has got one of the best views coz it over looks the ocean and the islands surrounding KK city.
2 years ago when I first met her, she was just a young girl but then she already had the sweet look. Now, after moving in, she has grown up to be prettier with a nice figure and I also found out from the gals in the office saying she prefers chinese guys. Man, I wish I was still single but I guess its all wishful thinking. At least this gives me a reason to go down to KK other than the air quality, the food and the friendly people. People are really friendly and I manage to meet up with a few gals whom I've lost touch with. Most of them could not recognise me coz the last time they saw me, I looked like a badak air (hippo). No, that was from my mouth and not theirs. Now, they say I'm better looking coz I've slimmed down and look fitter. All of this was said in their local dialect which is made up of BM with a twist of Indonesian accent. Very nice on the ears but it takes a while to master. When in Rome, Do as the Romans do. Everyone there speaks like this, even the chinese gals.
I'm pretty used to it by now and it sounds even better when you are trying to chat up chicks :) . I manage to do some running there but I have to warn anyone that's going over there. Please take note that the sun rises @ 5.45 am and sets @ 6.30pm. This can really screw up your sense of time coz it gets dark early but I was pretty lucky coz the place where I ran (Likas Sports complex) was lit in the night. I'll try and rummage through my PC and see if I can find a picture of the place or maybe a location map. That will be in my next update.
The place is actually a park which is part of the sports complex. There is a big lake in the center and you basically run around it. You'll be passing the driving range and also golf course as you run pass certain parts of it and the air there is FRESH! One full loop is just short of 1km (somewhere between 950m and 1km) coz I was testing out my 5min pace and I ran it in less than that. The road only meant for people to walk on and no vehicles are allowed in there. The tar is very nice and compressed unlike the tar you find in KL which is loose and has 'air pockets'. It was pretty hard for me to find time to run there coz I was busy and since I'm not a morning person, waking up @ 5.45 am to run was a no no for me. I used to do that on previous trips but I was a total zombie by 3 pm.
I'm beginning to have doubts for PJ half and it's only 1 week away. I am totally unprepared but I'm just gonna run it. I was really looking forward to this race but I guess it's going up in smokes now. My long runs are getting shorter by the day and this is not helping out at all. I've also missed out 3 weeks of speedwork. Sheesh! this is not a good sign man. My body is getting weaker by the day and that feeling is very SHITTY! This not-being-able-to-clock-up-mileage-feeling is driving me up the wall and making me cranky. Anyone's got powergel to spare? I need some for PJ half. Who's runnjng in KLCC 2morrow? See you guys in Ronnie's shoutbox.
2 years ago when I first met her, she was just a young girl but then she already had the sweet look. Now, after moving in, she has grown up to be prettier with a nice figure and I also found out from the gals in the office saying she prefers chinese guys. Man, I wish I was still single but I guess its all wishful thinking. At least this gives me a reason to go down to KK other than the air quality, the food and the friendly people. People are really friendly and I manage to meet up with a few gals whom I've lost touch with. Most of them could not recognise me coz the last time they saw me, I looked like a badak air (hippo). No, that was from my mouth and not theirs. Now, they say I'm better looking coz I've slimmed down and look fitter. All of this was said in their local dialect which is made up of BM with a twist of Indonesian accent. Very nice on the ears but it takes a while to master. When in Rome, Do as the Romans do. Everyone there speaks like this, even the chinese gals.
I'm pretty used to it by now and it sounds even better when you are trying to chat up chicks :) . I manage to do some running there but I have to warn anyone that's going over there. Please take note that the sun rises @ 5.45 am and sets @ 6.30pm. This can really screw up your sense of time coz it gets dark early but I was pretty lucky coz the place where I ran (Likas Sports complex) was lit in the night. I'll try and rummage through my PC and see if I can find a picture of the place or maybe a location map. That will be in my next update.
The place is actually a park which is part of the sports complex. There is a big lake in the center and you basically run around it. You'll be passing the driving range and also golf course as you run pass certain parts of it and the air there is FRESH! One full loop is just short of 1km (somewhere between 950m and 1km) coz I was testing out my 5min pace and I ran it in less than that. The road only meant for people to walk on and no vehicles are allowed in there. The tar is very nice and compressed unlike the tar you find in KL which is loose and has 'air pockets'. It was pretty hard for me to find time to run there coz I was busy and since I'm not a morning person, waking up @ 5.45 am to run was a no no for me. I used to do that on previous trips but I was a total zombie by 3 pm.
I'm beginning to have doubts for PJ half and it's only 1 week away. I am totally unprepared but I'm just gonna run it. I was really looking forward to this race but I guess it's going up in smokes now. My long runs are getting shorter by the day and this is not helping out at all. I've also missed out 3 weeks of speedwork. Sheesh! this is not a good sign man. My body is getting weaker by the day and that feeling is very SHITTY! This not-being-able-to-clock-up-mileage-feeling is driving me up the wall and making me cranky. Anyone's got powergel to spare? I need some for PJ half. Who's runnjng in KLCC 2morrow? See you guys in Ronnie's shoutbox.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home