Payback Time
Wow! it's been more than 3 weeks since I have stepped into the Kg Pandan track for my weekly speedwork. This is due to work and personal commitments. Nevertheless, even when I was not at the track, I did manage to do some tempos and occasional 'speedwork' but nothing as taxing as the real thing. I guess nothing beats the real thing as some would put it.
There was a tinge of excitement as arrived at the tracks today. After the layoff, I felt like I really needed to get down and burn some rubber. As usual, I did my warm up and waited for the rest of the runners to arrive. Later I found out that some of the triathletes were at the Perhentian Island Challenge and had a feeling that Coach Chan will not be coming. Moreover, Desaru Half Ironman is on this weekend and some of the triathletes will really need some rest and taper for the event.
Ronnie took to the helm and was our coach-for-a-day. There were only a handful of us and some did not even run the menu. We were to do 6 x 1km + 5 x 400m. I manage to scrap through the 1km intervals with an overall average of 4:30 per km but gave up doing the 400m's (only Ronnie and Ah Sui did the 400m intervals) coz I felt a slight muscle strain behind my right knee. I also wanna keep my legs fresh for this weekends PJ half. I am really amazed at some of these guys and wonder what their bodies are made of. They can race weekend after weekend and never feel a thing. Most of the non-participants today raced on Sunday and were doing their relaxed run at the track.
I'll won't be running tomorrow as I do not want to aggaravate the strain and also rest my legs. I'll see you guys at the park on Thursday coz Tey will be passing us our PJ Half bibs and t-shirts.
There was a tinge of excitement as arrived at the tracks today. After the layoff, I felt like I really needed to get down and burn some rubber. As usual, I did my warm up and waited for the rest of the runners to arrive. Later I found out that some of the triathletes were at the Perhentian Island Challenge and had a feeling that Coach Chan will not be coming. Moreover, Desaru Half Ironman is on this weekend and some of the triathletes will really need some rest and taper for the event.
Ronnie took to the helm and was our coach-for-a-day. There were only a handful of us and some did not even run the menu. We were to do 6 x 1km + 5 x 400m. I manage to scrap through the 1km intervals with an overall average of 4:30 per km but gave up doing the 400m's (only Ronnie and Ah Sui did the 400m intervals) coz I felt a slight muscle strain behind my right knee. I also wanna keep my legs fresh for this weekends PJ half. I am really amazed at some of these guys and wonder what their bodies are made of. They can race weekend after weekend and never feel a thing. Most of the non-participants today raced on Sunday and were doing their relaxed run at the track.
I'll won't be running tomorrow as I do not want to aggaravate the strain and also rest my legs. I'll see you guys at the park on Thursday coz Tey will be passing us our PJ Half bibs and t-shirts.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home